Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really feel like going into details, but I didn't hit anyone. Some Mexican's trailer hitch fell off, flipped over, and stopped in the diamond Lane, and I went right into it...I've filed a claim with my insurance agency, and am waiting on my case holder to call. I'm just curious as to how much you guys think it will cost to fix this? Lucky for me, it was on the side where the previous owner had a minor accident that left a big scratch, dent and a missing blinker. So, that will be take care of. Maybe I'll just take the money, and get parts from here, and save the rest for a paint job, or something. I'm going to use it sparringly, to say the least. What do you guys think though? What is the insurance company looking at here financially?

Thanks guys! Have a good one.

-brandoN^-

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Umm, I think the people that didn't secure their trailer hitch should be paying for it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yeah, really. Looks like you have a CF hood, that wouldn't be covered by your insurance but the other guy's insurance will HAVE to cover it. Don't let yourself get screwed man!

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Good news is it only looks like the fender and front bumper were damaged. The hood only has a small chip and the door looks undamaged. I would say with some guidance from guru's on this site you could probably take the money and fix it yourself and save the extra money for the new paintjob. Bad news is the other persons insurance should pay for it and it sounds like they got away. Most important part is that you're ok, cars are fixable.

Metros

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
the guy with the trailer di stoip right? if they didn't quite frankly you may be in trouble. Do you have full coverage? hope everything ends up well and you get this thing taken care of, can't stand to see another 6 bite the dust.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yeah, no damage to the hood. I'm okay, and so is my passenger. The guy wasn't there when I came around the corner. Just the hitch. The guy did eventually come back around though. The police had just pulled up, and he was no more than 2 minutes behind them.

I hate the feeling though. That feeling of knowing what has happened, and maybe there was something else you could have done to prevent it. And now people don't look at my car, and see a nice piece of machinary, they see a car that's been wrecked. :/ Well, I'm still waiting on the claim's adjuster to call me. They said it should only take about 2 hours.

Oh, and Metros, I do like the sound of that. I wouldn't mind giving that a try. Would be cheaper than paying for labor by the hour. I could pay myself with a 6 pack :D haha. Thanks guys for all the comments.

-brandoN^-

*Edit*

Does anyone kno where I can get fenders like Heather's old ones?

I wouldn't mind having those if they're not too expensive. Or are they a custom job...In trhat case, can someone direct me to a write-up? lol Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Heathers I beleave where Z3 inserts, you can buy them on ebay and cut a hole, and mold them to the fender. There was a set forsale awhile ago, they where all fiberglass.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Yeah they are inserts they dont make just the fenders. But glad your alright, the feeling does suck being in an accident. Well he was paying for it then you could mess a few other things up and have them buy new ones for you ;)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha, I was thinkin' about it, but I don't want to create any bad karma, and have anything blow up in my face, so I'll take what is owed to me. Thanks Matt.

-brandoN^-

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
sorry to hear about your mishap. what freeway was that on?

·
Registered
12,045 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
KiNg MaRtY said:
sorry to hear about your mishap. what freeway was that on?
Hey, thanks. It was on the West bound I-60 at Grand just before the 57.

Fastest95PGT said:
Wow, that'd be the day I'd buy something like that without a picture.
lol, my thoughts exactly! haha, nice call. Thanks.

-brandoN^-

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
yeah, i would be skeptical but i just found it on ebay search for the CF fenders, i thought id post it in case he didnt want to search.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
MX6_VTECH said:
Yeah they are inserts they dont make just the fenders.
Not true:)

http://70.85.90.149/forums/showthread.php?t=118743

there is a few sets around, not many, but a few. To me the FG fenders look like crap, I dunno if there not a smooth or not as shinny, but they look weird(maybe its just that set:shrug: )

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
there are a few sets, but thats frizzbid, and hes banned. I doubt you will find a set floating around unless you keep your eyes peeled for months. So much easier and cheaper to do the inserts.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stealth: Yeah, I wouldn't buy anything from Frizzbid with all the trouble he's caused around here. I am going to keep my eyes peeled though. I would like a pair of those. I have decided that if I can afford it, I am going to paint the car the Viper Blue. I've been looking a lot at how it looks, and I've fallen in love with that beautiful color. I also want to put a BC kit on it :D

Probinator: MMmMmMM! I would hope so! With that kind of cash, I can do everything I want to do to my car! Paint, body kit, lights, and fender, and still have money left over! If I purchase you a few six packs, would you be willing to help out? ;) Also, I'll have something to bring to the meet in November...Are you gonna be there? Hope to see ya there!!

Larry: Hey man. Long time, no talk. Yeah, I was very happy about that! I would have been so upset! I'm glad that the hitch was low to the ground. Are you going to be hitting up the meet on the 18th as well? Would be cool if you could come! Hope to see you there as well man. I'll talk to you later.

-brandoN^-

1 - 20 of 24 Posts