Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so this weekend i went to my first autocross ever, im only 16 years old. this was my first time at a race track. i was at route 66 in joliet illinois. all i can say is a had a BLAST. i love it. i took it VERY easy, i didnt hit any cones or spin out. i think this 240 is going GRIP>DRIFT. i was gungho on drifting before this weekend, but i will give drifting a shot on the track next year. i can thank my friend with the S13 for this! i really wish my mx6 was running so i could have drove both of my cars on the track. onto pics

mine is the black S14 #524 sts

this is the SR20d S14 that i got to ride in once around. my cheeks hurt afterwards from smiling so much. it was scary fast.

and this pic looks funny but the yellow ford with the wing was fast as ****. its the ricer sleeper

im not sure if the vids will work but ill try

Reactions: 4cylfun

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
more fun that i had at 16

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
nice job man, keep up the good work. I've never auto-crossed. Partially cause the mx-6 is still slower than balls with the engine it has and the honda has a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go before its ever going tbe anything.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
nice man, always loved the last year of the 240SX! RX-8 FTW!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Hehe, welcome to the dark side. After i've tried this stuff for the first time i never went back. Just need to throw a little more money into the suspension to be competitive. Glad you had a good time.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Whats not to get?

Its usually a short track that can be modified easily, you dont ever get into higher gears so it cuts down on speed a bit, and it really puts your suspension to the test. You can have all the horsepower in the world but if your suspension isnt right you will never do anything but fail at an autocross

·
Registered
249 Posts
dont get me wrong . i`m sure its fun . but if was to set my car up with suspension . i think i rather have it . set up to race a around a track ,an be able to run fast to . i dont know . i just never really understood the whole thing about raceing around cones ,an raceing against the clock . but to each their own . as long you had a blast . then thats all that counts .

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
put it this way - racing against the clock means you dont have to send your car to the panel beater after every race.....

congrats on first outing :)

its mad fun, and addictive. Though I've never autocrossed... dont really have them here in Australia. Done motorkhana's and hillclimb's though.

·
Registered
339 Posts
dont get me wrong . i`m sure its fun . but if was to set my car up with suspension . i think i rather have it . set up to race a around a track ,an be able to run fast to . i dont know . i just never really understood the whole thing about raceing around cones ,an raceing against the clock . but to each their own . as long you had a blast . then thats all that counts .
Give it a try and you will understand. It's one of the funnest things Ive done in my cars. Great rush, and just an all around good time. Not everyone has a track in there area, so autox is a great alternative.

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
nice pics, have to agree motorcross/motorkhanas are fun, hillclimbs as well.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
the S-Chasis is a pretty good candidate for autocross, but once you start getting into drifting (and you have someone showing you how to acctually do it right) it becomes a lot more fun

1 - 14 of 14 Posts