Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, this is dedicated to all the dx and lx owners who think that we got the short end of the stick when it comes to the mx-6....i'm proud to say that i got my first 'kill' on saturday....raced my friend's brand new vw golf turbo diesel and pretty much left him in my rearview mirror....alright, for all you GT owners out there who would like to mock us by saying that the turbo diesel golf only has 90hp, let's not forget it has something like 155 ft-lb of torque.....besides, this post is for all the lx and dx owners anyway....a homage to the 115hp 'beast' we own...ha! so, any non-turbo owners, please feel free to post a confirmed kill, even if its against the old man in the motorized wheelchair...:)

G

·
Another Kill :p

Well, well, I took me a kill today too, I've had many. You'd be surprised what an inexperienced driver in a fast car isn't capable of. (see http://www.riceboypage.com, hall of shame: a ferrari running slightly ahead of miatas :p) Anyway, back to the point, I totally killed an 89 Mustang LX today, hehe (he actually thought he could take me) I'm not too sure what size four or what HP they're running, but it was funny to see the look on his face when I left him in the dust. Other kills this week: about 15 civics, a few haundais(ms?), and a mid 80's L4 firebird. (I didn't know the firebird was a 4cyl until afterwards, but i like to have fun) Anyway, keep it real with the non-turbos and dont forget, you can always install nitrous :p

BreezyMX

·
Registered
61 Posts
well, since mainly lx owners are reading and responding, i've got a question. for those of you who notice my name to be familiar, i've been searching for the perfect mx6 and haven't found it yet. i've noticed that hp ratings for the lx were 110, but how much comes to the wheels? i just really want to know if i really want to wait sooo long for the GT to show (which hasn't in the past 8 months!!!).

·
Registered
449 Posts
damn, I've never won a race. Then again i don't race often. I usually get picked on by pimped up accords. It sucks. I beat pedestrians often!! :):)

The Hp to the wheels is 97HP, according to chilton's

·
Registered
449 Posts
oh well, the 626 is a family car. It lost its sporty counterpart, so I'm not too surprised that they are slower.

G

·
On a slightly unrelated matter, I was staying in London this weekend, and driving past the hotel was a Lamborghini Diablo, with four Ferrari sickers on the side of the door, each with black tape crossing them out.

I laughed....

Jon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts