Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jsut figured i post..

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubgallery.asp?id_=578981

I now paint cars for a living, but this vw bug was my first, mind you i had no idea what paint even was, the only info i had was from the lady at the paint store..

the porsche was done after i had a year's experience. a car selling tip; go to the nices house in the area, park in their driveway at sunset... "Own a piece of this lifestyle" :) it worked sold in 3 days on ebay :)

and this is my six, mostly factory paint, its just my daily driver... mostly for snowboarding hence the lcd screen and the huge maglite :)

btw I paint cars for a living... i will soon upload pics of my recent work, including lots of airbrushing... just need to get my real webpage to work... if any one here is attempting a paint project im more than willing to help just pm me.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
WOW, impressive man, finally something worth attention going on locally :D Believe it or not i just got my car painted 2 weeks ago, on my own as well. Not as great as your work tho, but better than it was before.
Where exactly do you live, wouldn't hurt to throw a meet somewhere in Greater Seattle...
PS: that porsche is one hot piece :tup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks...

West Seattle, Admiral.. Im the painter at Huling Brothers Body Shop...

Like i said if ya need a hand... if your not happy with your own paint job i can show you how to work wonders with a buffer... make it a new car again...

Unfortunately the porsche is gone now... sold it on ebay... guy flew out from ohio and drove it back.. but man.. chicks dig red cars... especially that i was only 18 at the time. and when you tell them that you did it yourself... not too many bad things can be said :)

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
hehehe, i feel you.......... 18..... red car........
anyways, im selling mine and in my op it turns heads enough to get sold. And yeah, hehe, girls do spread over that "yourself" thing, im a live example:D
Great appreciation for offering help, but i don't think this one would need any work done to it, just minor polishing and other touch ups, im satisfied with how it turned out though didn't get around to posting yet. Kinda curious to learn more about the paintbrushing, im an artist myself, and my bro does most of the painting, so if we're each good at our own we could do wonders;)
He's looking to open a business of his own too someday...
would love to see what you're doing, maybe even swing by your shop sometime.
Peace

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
WOW, thats great work. It doesnt even look like it was your first paint job. That bug came out good.

Was there lots of runs/drips???

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i had two nice little runs.. actually the whole car was more on the dry side, alittle corse orange peel... the bigger problem was dirt in the paint... we didn't know of tack cloths then.. so we just wiped it down with a towel and sprayed... on top of that we sprayed in a makshift spray booth composed of 2x4s and some sheet plastic, and one box fan :) it was pretty innovative.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts