Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp, had a great time going to the (florida) east coast on monday to visit my grandma (i live on the west coast).
on my way back, we had a bit of traffic. well, some ass in a vw passat decides to ride my ass, then pass me up... I would have NONE of this... but my girlfriend thought otherwise. i rode behind him, we were both doing about 80-90. he decided to tease me by slowing some, then speeding up. I finally got sick of this, looked at my girlfriend and said "i'm sick of this" "dont do it" she said... "but its a VW! and it passed me!" "..." i finally shifted out of 5th down to fourth, blew by his ass, and five other cars at 120+. as my girlfriend digs her nails and toes into the dashboard, i just stuck my arm out of the window and waved by to the crap ass vw. after that, all he saw was my ass as it flew down the road >: )

I finally got back into town (6 p.m.), and after explaining to my girlfriend my reasoning for doing that ( "... but it was a VW! and he passed me!") i finally headed on my way home @ 1:00 am.

i happened to run across a nice new shiny black bmw, i think it was a 320, i'm not too sure, because i didnt give him the chance to show off his tail lights. we pulled up to the first intersection, with his system rattling the crap out of my car, and his. he looked over at me, and started revving his engine like he had somethign special under his hood. The light hits green, and i accidentally screwed up my start, and he goes off, squealing his tires, trying to impress me as i quickly catch up to his ass in second and pass him going into third. we reached a second red, and i looked over at him, as he smiles back to me as if accomplishing some great feat. i happily smiled back, and as the light turns green, i gunned it, leaving his ass still half way through the intersection as i'm already hitting 40+ almost 2 car lengths away from him, while waving goodbye.
he turned off some side street after that, his tail between his legs...
i guess it goes to show him, if ya got some big ass stereo system, it wont make your car go any faster...

-meaty

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
i hate to be the bearer of bad news but top of the line Passat's are no joke. The 1.8L turbo does 0-60 in 7.5 seconds which is right on task with our stock 0-60 stock times. And the engine responds great to mods... better than ours.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, he did seem to have a bit more power than me, which i resented.

so, i should take back all the "crap ass" comments i made ;)

i think he just let me pass to keep up the game... who knows, my girlfriend tried to kill me after all that, and refused to talk to me until we got to her house...

i guess thats what happens when you dont want to look bad in your sexy car...

-meaty

(note to self: do not take girlfriend on next road trip :p )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts