Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will my intake help me or be my foe, I used pvc pipe 3'' diamter and ran it down like the hotshot and stuff but is the pipe to big??? do u think that it's takeing to much air in or what??? Could some one tell me the diamter of their Hot shot or Rs akimoto so i can make a better one.

Thanks once agian

·
Registered
511 Posts
is your filter on the end? where's it hang down at?

3" is the general consensus for the sizing. same as name brand intakes. notice any difference in performance?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I hear that a 2.5" piping leads to faster air suppy? Is this true? It makes sense to me... Does PVC endure the engine tempatures?

`jjj

·
Registered
921 Posts
I think when it heats up the PVC will start to burn off some fumes which i dont think your engine will like, or maybe even melt.

·
Registered
100 Posts
PVC melting point / burning point is much higher than engine temperature... it shouldn't be a problem using PVC.

I saw a lot of people using PVC as the material for the Homemade CAI

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
ABS piping? What is that?

I have also heard that PVC piping is bad for you engine.

And air moves faster in a smaller pipe, there was an interesting discussion about the physics involved at probetalk, anyone know where it's at? I think that it was decided that something like 2.5" was the best balance between air mass and air velocity.

What are other options for piping?

Claeren.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts