·
No one told me about this
1,426 Posts
Another crazy KL swap.....subscribed

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It will not be complete for some time yet. Just don't get much time these days. Going down the Ford 347 rod path with custom Diamond pistons. Fastest95PGT, when you say adaptor flange, are you talking gearbox?? With the gearbox I had to change the location of where the clutch fork exited the bellhousing, and modify the shifter position so I wasn't changing gears from the back seat. I've had to modify the crossmember so I can fit an oil pan in!! All this will fit under the hood (we call it a bonnet in Australia). This is why there is no intercooler, I may have to go down the path of water injection if I chase high boost.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I meant the adaptor flange to mount the M90 to KL heads.

Have you (or will you) do anything about the oil pickup being in the middle of the pan with the worry about no oil being picked up under moderate to hard acceleration.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will pull it apart and get some pictures for you during the week. It is just a 25mm plate of aluminum gutted in the middle topped off with a stainless steel 'lid' that the M90 is bolted to. The valve covers will also have some bosses welded to them for extra mounts for the M90. It is not an ideal performance oriented manifold, but as I have not much room, I have no choice. The AE86 is a light car so it should be a fun little car to drive. As for the oil pick up, yes have thought about what I am going to do but havn't started yet. Needs full custom pan and pick up. I will be running after market engine management with coil on plugs to eliminate distrinbutor.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HaHa, you would be surprised what you can do with a jigsaw, drill press and die grinder. I did use the mill at work for a few parts.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
I remember you posted up a while ago asking some questions regarding this project. So you weren't kidding :). Nice work man, would love to see how it goes. Should make for a fun drive in the little corolla.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I will pull it apart and get some pictures for you during the week. It is just a 25mm plate of aluminum gutted in the middle topped off with a stainless steel 'lid' that the M90 is bolted to.
I look forward to the pics. :tup:

While you've got things apart, how about more info and pics on those fuel rails?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The fuel rails are also custom. I may have to modify them yet, I'm not sure if the pipe I have used is big enough. It's 3/8. I'm using Seimens stubby injectors, can't remember the rating of them but they where heaps big enough for the application. They will be run in sequential mode. I just have to mill a groove in the bottom of the plenum for the fuel rails to fit under.

Turk, yes I remember asking what power levels you could get out of standard exhaust manifolds. No far from kidding, got the bug again to get some more done on the beast.

·
Josh Bannings = 1
3,178 Posts
Very nicely done. I'm extremely interested in this project, and I am now subscribed as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have totally scrapped the top plenum section and redesigning ATM. I found a little extra room under the hood, so I can make it a little bigger. I'll keep you posted with pics.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
sweet keep the pics coming. I'll know who to talk to when i'm ready to do somethng similar. although not sure if it will be with an M90 yet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
???????? Does that make a difference????? I thought it just means that I would have to take the S/C off to change the oil in the nout??? Please expain before I go any further.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts