Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
where's your rear view mirror? Is it permanently hanging? ISn't that goin to affect ur driving, unless u have cameras,hehe.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hehe is right I do have a camera, built in to my spoiler all I have to do is switch video, from ps2--- to camera,, and I can see better out of that than I can with the mirror,,,, At first I didnt think that would work but It did,, and the best part is that its legal!!! ohh yea if anyones interested in the lcd screens, they cost 400.00 for some 5.6' and that includes all of the mounts, its pretty good deal concidering that best buy and other places sells them for about 799.00. I can also get some for about 300.00 and those are 5.0 screens,, these prices are wholesale, so take advantage!

ttyl
carlos

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Not to make u feel bad,but
Check out competitionsound.com
Everything is cheap there
I picked up my 2 6.4" Clarion LCDs there for only 340 each, good quality and excellent picture clarity. They have some 5" Audiobahn LCDS for 200. Alot of others for cheap too.

Hey rstyle,
where did u get ur camera from?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
na I dont fell bad at all, I paid 80.00 for my lcd in the front,, and the other ones are from audiobahn, and I paid 189.00 for them,, yea we can probobly get the clarions that you have, but I didnt want to pay that much, just in case I get jacked or something,,hehe anyways the camera is very small It looks like a baby telescope and it cost me 45.00, and very easy to install, If you want I can see if I can get you one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
why didn't u buy a dash monitor for the car so u wouldn't have to lose ur rear view mirror. thats how i did in mind. i have one clarion car radio and where u put ur tapes in , i took that molding out and drop my car radio in there and where my car radio use to be i put my dash monitor. i'm going to install the headrest on my two seat later .:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
That would be great if u can get me one of those cameras. ITs just that i don't have a spoiler and i'm about to get my car painted, so i won't be needing that anytime soon. But thanks neways.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
YEAAAA,that was my 100th post. Sorry for post whoring, just wanted to celebrate.

·
Registered
200 Posts
camera

rstylemx6, is the camera color or b & w? I might want one if I could get it for a good price. How hard is it to do all of the installation for the camera and LCD? Please let me know.

·
Registered
934 Posts
rstylemx6

I like! Car looks great - you should try to get j-spec head lights to finish it off! Question on the LCD - does it have a tv tuner? I assume that the playstation sound is hooked up thru the headunit, was that difficult?

I don't know much about how LCDs work, sorry if I'm asking redundant questions, cool sh!t man.

Rich.

·
Registered
275 Posts
love the interior!!!! can you e-mail me please? [email protected] so i can ask some questions.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: rstylemx6

linoleum said:
I like! Car looks great - you should try to get j-spec head lights to finish it off! Question on the LCD - does it have a tv tuner? I assume that the playstation sound is hooked up thru the headunit, was that difficult?

I don't know much about how LCDs work, sorry if I'm asking redundant questions, cool sh!t man.

Rich.
to get the sound is quite easy all you need is an fm modulator that hooks up to your radio and the the rca from the playstaion hooks up to that, then on your radio just search for the channel that you want the sound to come from,,,, but on my car I hooked the sound up off of my cd changer simply cause it was easier for me since the rca were already back there. I can get a set up of a tv tuner with 5.0 lcd for 540.00,, that includes everything you need to hook it up even rca's.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I like how glossy your interior paint is. How did you get it that way. Oh yeah, do you have any pics of your installation of the camera that is mounted in the rear of the car? Very nice car, I am really interested in your interior paint, great job!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well denvermx6, I see that your new to the fourm, so ill give it to you straight--the pic is a fake , I did it in photoshop 6.0,,,:rolleyes:

carlos

welcome to the fourm!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GTMx6 said:
I like how glossy your interior paint is. How did you get it that way. Oh yeah, do you have any pics of your installation of the camera that is mounted in the rear of the car? Very nice car, I am really interested in your interior paint, great job!
im trying to get a new d-camera since the one I have broke!
thats why I havent been able to take any pics of my setup....I think i might just borrow my friends, but he's not back from cal. yet ,, but I will post them as soon as I can!! ohh and the paint is krlon cherry red with a coat of clear,, but the same clear they use when they painted my car..

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Alright Rstyle!! Looks cool as Heck! What did you photo shop?

Looks really good, better than it was when I rode in it at the Richardson meet! (not that it was bad).

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey rstyle did you paint the door panels with the same type of paint you used on the dash? does it not peel off since it is not plastic? and how does that camera work at night?

})

1 - 20 of 24 Posts