Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Shogun Body Kit with Custom Paint job

Check out this pic of my new and improved Mx6.

http://www.revtechracing.com/byron.htm

I have 18x8 ADR Revolutions in White with 215/35/18 Toyo Proxes in Excellent condition for sale $1000 or BO

I also have my original bumper with the MazdaSpeed Spoiler for sale also $300 or BO

I also have Intrax Springs for sale which should lower your ride in the front: 1.50 Rear: 1.75 $100

Anybody interested email me at: [email protected]

[Edited by JPMX6GT on 04-26-2001 at 10:48 PM]

·
Registered
446 Posts
Is that bumper a whole different piece or an add-on lip? It looks like the factory bumper (factory fogs too) with an extension molded on. I actually like it quite a bit. The car would look better w/o the red eyebrows, grill inserts and sticker though - just my opinion.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The guy oughta lose the red highlighting and that stupid wing. If he does that, he'll have just about the slickest-looking 2nd-gen I've seen.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Apollo-Soyuz 1975, surely you don't mean that. I totally agree 100% with your assessment of his mods but, "just about the slickest looking 2nd gen you've ever seen"? It's just a front bumper lip! A good body shop would mold and paint it for less than $500. There's nothing done to the sides or rear - the front actually looks thicker than the rest of the car (unbalanced). What about Coldnoodle's 6, just to name 1? There's plenty of others. I like this guy's car too after the red crap and wing are scrapped, but its damn sure not the slickest.

[Edited by BOWDWN2MX6 on 04-26-2001 at 10:27 PM]

·
Registered
379 Posts
I think the 2nd-gen looks the best poilerless, with just a small air dam. I highly value any styling kit that tries to maintain the clean lines of the second-generation design. When I said slick, I meant it in an aerodynamic sense i.e. good at cheating the wind. If I were him, I'd change the rims as well (hope NJ dosn't have as many potholes as MI/OH :eek: ), but I thought the highlighting was a bigger concern. IMO, anything done to the sides or rear only makes the 6 look bulky and awkward (the Shogun kit gets my vote as the worst of these offenders), so that nose lip has a great deal of appeal to me.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Its all about the TC with factory spoiler! Not too plain, not too gaudy. Did I mention ShyVietGuy's bodykit came today? Looking to install in the next couple days (maybe by next weekend or so...

Anyone want to buy his old Shogun spoiler? Its in great shape but will need to be repainted (there's some scratches and besides, how many BMW Blue Pearl-colored MX-6s are on this board?)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
mazdaspeed96 said:
My Mazda Mx6 with MazdaSpeed body kit

http://www.revtechracing.com/byron.htm

I'm sorry dude, but whoever sold you that "kit" and told you it was Mazdaspeed was pulling your leg. THIS

is a mazdaspeed kit.

In any case, that front lip looks pretty good. Are going to try to find something for the sides and rear?

You're in Fort Lee? I'm in North Bergen right next to ya. I'm surprised I haven't seen your car around. You should come to our next meet.

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
39 Posts
am i mistaken or are those intake holes on the front bumper? if it is, good idea. closest i've seen to a ram-air . if not, what are those? stickers?

·
Registered
579 Posts
except for the red eyebrows and stickers, that is a very sweet kit in my opinion. Where did you buy it? What is it called, and how much?

·
Registered
216 Posts
yo, first off welcome to the club! I love your car just loosr the red stuff, but that grill in the front looks tight! your bumper is tight too! keep it up

peace out!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Oops, forgot something...

Do not, under any circumstances, paint your wiper arms. They're flat black for a reason: to keep from relecting excessive sunlight into the driver's eyes.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Eyebrows serve no purpose, visually or physically. And that kit just makes it look like a squished Grand Am. The only thing I like is the wing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts