Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah, it's so depressing.... constant, nonstop problems not sure why :tdown:. Anyways... I've been getting a lot of bump steering on the right side. If I hit a bump on the right tire the steering wheel jerks to a random position almost causing me to either drive into a guard rail, or onto oncoming traffic. I've recently changed the left tie rod, and a rear transmission/motor mount. Another thing my steering wheel doesn't straighten out when I take a turn like it's supposed to. Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated..... I'm about to give up on cars they just always have problems for me.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
you need to look at the suspension connections on that side, arm bushes, drop link, tie rod etc. Get it in the air and have a good look and inspection.

Once you have caught up with the work neglected by the previous owner, you will be ok. its always the way bud.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright... thanks. Could it be because I only changed the left tie rod? After I changed that I started to get the bump steer and torque steer. The torque steer went away after I fixed the motor mount either way tomorrow I'll check it out and hopefully I can find the problem.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Did you get the steering re-aligned after doing it ? might be worth getting a garage to have a look at the alignment etc.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope not yet, I was going to wait until I did the other tie rod but maybe I should just get it done. Haha and my rear view mirror just fell off. GREAT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts