Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so glad I found this site. I think its great that we fellow MX6ers have somewhere to swap ideas and pics. I got my MX6 last March here in Japan. I have been stationed here for just over 4 years now. I plan to be heading down to Okinawa within the next year for another 4 year tour so I will be keeping this car for quite sometime. I may even bring it back to the states with me if it dont cost an arm and a leg. Anyway, I could'nt get the pic to post up so I have a link here to some of my pics of the car. Would like to hear feedback from anyone with ideas for mods and stuff, I have been doing alot of looking around the net here and am geting some good ones too. Thanks...Craig

http://photos.yahoo.com/bakers5_89

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cool!

Clean lookin car hope u enjoy it.U would definatly have a rare 6 if u brought it back to the states.It would probably be well sought after,for parts off it at least!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Signature & Pic problems

If anyone has any problems seeing the pics that I have linked to previously let me know and I can send you a pic or something if you want. I dont know why the pics would'nt post right up in the message, I did everything like the vbcode instructions said. Oh well..Let me know...Craig

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hey Craig Baker, I cant see the pics either, theres only X's on the boxes. You should place your pics somewhere else. I hate Yahoo, I got those X's also when I put some pics using Yahoo. I now use http://www.Photopoint.com hold my pics. and havnt had any problems try it out. O'yeah can you e-mail me some of your pics, theres no substitute for Japanese mx6's, later.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
2.0 V6? Are you sure, dude? Nice car! Put some mods on it and make it look even better.
Mici

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jspec 2.0 v6

Yes Im sure it is a 2.0v6. It says it on the side of the car. The title (Japanese title) says that it is 1995cc. Also it is a KF type engine not the KL like the 2.5L. And I do plan on getting mods done to it really soon. Ive already done some minor stuff. Window tint yesterday, PIAA HID Plasma FX bulds. It starting to look alot better..

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
OI! I've learned something new again in MX6.com. This is what makes this whole thing so awesome! Thank you Scooby for putting this thing going on! Thank you Graig Baker for teaching me that there are also 2.0 V6. Thank me I'm going to get some sleep on this now and quit thanking all you guys.
Thanks
Mici :freak: (No, that really is me in that smilie!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Craig can u find out at a local junkyard the price for the project headlights u got. no promblem if u can't but u probably make a buck if u imported some to us.

my mx6
4cyl '93 mx6 fresh burgundy paint
white grill and reflective decals
& emplem, double tip exhuast, air intake
xenon blue lights, strobes, audio system

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jspec headlights

I have contacted the dealer where I bought my car and they are looking into prices for used headlights. They said they would call me when they find out something. I plan to go all around this area here before long and start looking for MX-6 parts at junkyards and headlight is something that I will be checking on. Right now we have about 2 feet of snow on the ground and its still coming down, so when the weather gets better (like in a month or so) I will be hitting the junkyards hard and I'll keep the BB posted. I have a few other people that have requested the same since my first post here at MX6.com....

·
Registered
33 Posts
J-spec KF, KL engine

Hi Craig. I may be stupid asking this, but is all
Japan market KF or KL engine of "ZE" type?

Regards,
omar
94 Mazda 626 2.0 V6

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
in my experience from good ol New Zealand (we only get J-spec imports) the 2 litre is the same as what you guys get, *BUT* the 2.5 litres are only KL-ZE ..... bring it on with 200 ponies !! eheheh

·
Registered
33 Posts
Half-cut KLZE from Japan!

I have asked a local junk dealer (I am in Malaysia)
to import a half cut from Japan for RM5000 (that is USD$1315) and before I can confirm, he already have one
arrived in his yard.
Below link is how the engine look like:
http://omarbadar.hypermart.net/klze.jpg

Should I go for it?? What are the thing I should
check to confirm it is good and it is KLZE?

Cheers,
omar
94' Mazda 626 2.0 v6

·
Registered
33 Posts
KLZE

Today I went to see the KLZE that recently arrived from Japan. The engine look excellent, and only clock 72000KM.
The "half cut" car is apparently from 1995 AUTOZAM CLEF.
What really suprise me was it has no ABS!!!
As my current Mazda 626 2.0 V6 has ABS, would it be
a problem fitting the KLZE and its ECU into my car?

Best Regards,
omar

1 - 20 of 30 Posts