Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some first pictures of my MX6 with my new 18" wheels. More pictures can be found in the pictures section.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Silver is my first choice of colour too!! Something about the headlights matching the paint makes it look smickey!!!
Those wheals look ace...and what a lovely shine, Do you want to polish mine??
Say cool PK ;)
BTW what does freaky mean about the headlights?
Are the American ones different
;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
what I mean

There are 3 different types of headlights for the MX-6:

If you some how managed to buy a MX-6 from Japan (or if you were lucky enough to acquire some headlights from a Japanese MX-6), then you get J-Specs.

If you buy a MX-6 from Europe or Australia (or again, buy the headlights from one of those cars), you get E-Specs.

And if you buy one from the states (or Canada, I think?), you get the plain old headlights. We are the only ones who don't get projectors, so we are always doing headlights swaps.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
old thread

Hi guys, my search for "headlights" in your forum returned a few threads. I have a friend from my office who will be going (coming) to Melbourne to work on/in the Mobil refinery "right outside of town" (he says), and I was going to ask him to look for headlights for me. But before I ask him to do anything, I need to do some research; after seeing some of the pics of your cars, I can't tell if Australia received MX-6's from Europe or Japan or both? By the looks of the pictures from http://drive.to/tx5 , the GE10L1 - GE20L2 models come with the European-spec headlights, right? How easy is it to get some new headlights? Can you order either type of headlights from a Mazda dealer? How expensive would it be (estimates would OK.)? Thanks so much for any help you can provide?

·
Registered
621 Posts
G'day - In Australia we got the E-spec.

New headlights direct from the dealer are as follows (All prices are in Australian
Dollars)

Chrome Bezel around driver lights - $75.95 incl GST
Headlights Complete - $892 incl GST

At todays exchange rate (US$0.492 buys AUD$1) that'll set you back $37.36 and $438 respectively.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Adelaide Japenese spares for the J specs.
They have a web site, but a delay on the lights currently I think.

Search for "Generation 2 MX6 forum" and you will see a post by Rogue04 recently with pics of all types.

4WSB

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
First, thanks guys for all the info so far...

I thought I read somewhere (Corksport?) that there is some level adjuster to the E-spec lights. Can I just get the lights without this fancy control? Does "Headlights Complete" mean the turn signals too? (Wow, GST sounds confusing... I just read the first few pages of ATO Guide to GST.)

4WSboy: Thanks for the tip. I have perused that forum for J-specs many times... I was just confused why J-spec lights were coming out of Australia (via Adelaide) when pics of GE10L1 or GE20L2 show E-spec. It's interesting; do they import "dead" Japanese cars just to dismantle them? (I guess Australia has a good market for Japanese parts, huh?) Incidentally, I'm actually on the dismantler's wait list, but I'm not expecting to hear from there anytime soon. My car will probably die before I hear from them.

·
Registered
470 Posts
the MX6 at top is sooooo sweet! your the car with the white TX5 too ay? that is also supremely sweet!
anyway, looking at the pics of A and E spec lights, are they separate units for the mains and indicator lights cos the j-specs are one unit but it it looked like the others were separate?
not that it matters since 95% of MX6s in NZ have [email protected]

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Are the cars Jspec too (Like the motor KLZE) or just the lamps?

·
Registered
470 Posts
they are fully JSpecs, cos of our Japanese Used Imports (like 3/4s of our cars used to drive in Japan-they send their cars to us when they dont want them anymore). i'd like to drive one quite bad, there was a real nice 92 MX6 2.5 (KLZE) black 4ws, abs etc with mini supra rear wing for $7990nz with 101000kms but it was an auto, but was mint condition

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
So it may be correct to say that your wreckers may have j spec parts Humm… Are any of your wreckers on line?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Yes B2 ! NZ is allot closer than Japan (and our dollar is worth something there) and it is probobly cheaper than Adelaide Jap..

Hang on! I thought you where B1... ;) ah all you bananas look the same to me...(it's obvious you have kids Ric)

·
Registered
470 Posts
OK, well i dont think theres a Mazda wrecker on the web, but theres a Mazda parts place called Mazline, that imports Mazdas to dismantle them. last time i was in there a few weeks ago, they had a V6 in the window for $1000 i think, but i cant remember if it was a KLZE, i think it might have been the 3.0 outa Sentia/929/MS9, but i can go in one day and find out what it is and ask how much a KLZE costs:)

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
That would be awesome.. Could you also ask if they have J.spec or Aussie head lights and how much?
Thanks Mate
Mr. MX6

·
Registered
470 Posts
i'm busy next two weeks with courses, so it'll be a while, but i'll try and go next Sat, but i'll have to get up early cos they close at 12 or 1 i think :)
i can go past tomorrow, they'll be shut but if the engines still in the window i should be able to see what it is.
they should mainly have j-specs cos thats what they import. im quite interested in seeing how much they cost even thou its n/a to me

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm thinking of looking around in Melbourne for people who dismantle J-Spec cars. It'd be interesting to take a look at some specimens.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts