Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the gas prices down and the simple fact that Hondas arent my thing i sold the Del Sol for 2,500 and bought me a 97 Mx6 Ls. My roomate Andy bought it 1st b/c the guy was selling it for 1,200 bucks and it had KSport coil over kit on it and he wanted them so he bought it and took the KSports. I bought the car from him for the price he paid 1,200 and this is what that got me.

MODS
1. KLZE with maybe 65k or less the guy hardly drove it.
2. Borla muffler
3. Hot shot style headers (im trading for pacesetter)
4. RR Racing inserts
5. B&M short throw (handle is broken)
6. Stage 1 Cluth Masters clutch kit
7. Fadanza 9lb flywheel
8. Steal clutch line
9. Custom cat back (im redoing it)
10. Rx7 FDs
11. Mega Squirt 3.0 (by Radar GET YOURS TODAY!)
12. Honda Prelude Cold air intake
13. Bored out 65mm TB (from Greag)
CAR STATS
190HP dynoed and tuned by Radar
14.4 1/4 time from the last owner
PICS

THINGS THAT WERE ORDERD THAT WILL BE INSTALLED
1. Better looking FDs (Thanks z28forlife PT member )
2. Coilovers w/new KYB struts ( Thanks TravisWilliams_GT PT member )
3. Left & right Controll arms
4. PMO traction bars ( not 4 sale anymore )
5. Thermo Spacer kit ( TB installed already )
6. New STS
7. Tan leather swap ( when i give Matt 300.00 and drive to get them )
8. Macco Paint job ( b/c im cheap )

·
Premium Member
6,941 Posts
Awesome Sean, if you need any advice on sexifying that car, lemme know. I'm going to try to get you pictures of the interior this weekend.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome Sean, if you need any advice on sexifying that car, lemme know. I'm going to try to get you pictures of the interior this weekend.
Thanks Matt that would be awsome. As soon as i see the pics ill buy it all

·
Registered
752 Posts
I wish 6's were that cheap here :( thats a sweet project car, keep us updated :tup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice pick up .. looks like its missing the passanger airbag .
Yeah it is. Its going to keep me busy for the next few months. But the end result is going to be awsome.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
PM Shadow3030 regarding the PMO traction bars...he has them. He also has the PMO Subframe for turbo applications, but that and the traction bars don't go together for whatever reason.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
don't go to maaco for paint! spend the money and get it done at a reputable shop! generally speaking maaco paint jobs will only last a year maybe 2 if you are lucky! i'd paint my car myself before i'd ever let those guys touch it!... but it does look like a fun project!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PM Shadow3030 regarding the PMO traction bars...he has them. He also has the PMO Subframe for turbo applications, but that and the traction bars don't go together for whatever reason.
I know how to install them i have them on my PGT-T right now. I bought RPMs traction bar kit for the PGT-T it comes with a front mount welded to the bar so you dont need to mod the Xmember to fit the hot pipes. This is the new RPM kit i just bought

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
don't go to maaco for paint! spend the money and get it done at a reputable shop! generally speaking maaco paint jobs will only last a year maybe 2 if you are lucky! i'd paint my car myself before i'd ever let those guys touch it!... but it does look like a fun project!
the Macco place around me does a decent job and for now thats what im doing b/c ill run out of money once everything else is takin care of. Its going to look better with a Macco job then it does right now.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
learn to do it yourself. it will be the same cost and then u will be able to do a nicer job and u will have the equiptment to fix it if u scrach it.
No room and its somthing you cant learn overnight.

·
No one told me about this
1,426 Posts
I need to move to FL you guys have all the fun....

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
No room and its somthing you cant learn overnight.
Well said. In body work, you get what you pay for. Opt for the cheap paint job and get just that. Get Macco to spend some time on the car and you'll be happy with the results.

You planning on making a track car of this or a daily driver?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
as long as you dont have any rust holes you'll be alright :p what turned me away from maaco is my buddy worked for them and on his fist day he got a patch ready to weld in and started sand all the rust away from it and the supervisor came and said what are you doing? and he said he was fixing a rust hole and he said no here we do it different and he grabbed a shop rag and said stuff this in the hole and slap bondo over it... thats just ridiculous

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well said. In body work, you get what you pay for. Opt for the cheap paint job and get just that. Get Macco to spend some time on the car and you'll be happy with the results.

You planning on making a track car of this or a daily driver?
No the PGT-T is the race car. This is going to be my 13 sec DD car. im keeping the leather and installing a radio. The a/c is staying.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea u cant learn it overnight but when u know it u can save yourself so much money.
Agreed but like i said i dont no anything about body work. I save myself alot of money doing my own work on my KLs like tranny swaps,motor swaps,brakes, and sound systems so i have the extra cash to spend on a cheap ass paint job a few times. Iv seen the macco jobs around were i live and its all not that bad. Honestly i havnt kept a car longer then a yr so the maaco paint will most likly out live me owing the car.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts