Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
Looking good man! I love that style Bimmer.

Trent

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the rims it has but i was thinking of putting the M3 wheels on it. I like how clean the car is so i dont want to do too much to the body. But tint will come soon! Also, I got a good deal on the car but i still need to save money for insurance (i just turned 20) and parts incase something goes wrong.

Why a convertable?
I was looking for a car and after taking a ride in my uncle's miata i knew i was hooked! Plus, i love how it looks when the top is down, ill take some more pics whenever its sunny!

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
So mint!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I really like your new car, but you are right about parts. I went from a BMW to my mx6 just because it was too expensive to replace parts. A Broken timing chain caused $1700 worth the damage to my 3 series, but good luck! It looks really nice.

chris

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a mechanic friend that said the 3 series parts are not toooo expensive. I also get big discounts from him :)

What year 3 series did you have? Did you encounter a lot of problems?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
look into the z4 rims.... I they are so tight! true The cost will be your first born.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had an 1988 325 and I loved it. I did encounter a lot of problems but it had 183,000 miles on it. You will have less problems with the newer body style, but my mom had a 5 series about the same year as yours and she had little but expensive problems. The car was always drivable (the engine never failed to start or run) but electronics seemed be problematic (auxilery heat pump, stereo, auxillery fan, etc.). If your friend can hook up then you'll be fine.

·
Registered
548 Posts
So, its a 3??. Im guessing 325, but I would hope it was at least a 328. Personaly I have been lusting after a blue 328is for awhile.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
silentfury:
its a 325...they didnt offer a drop top 328 in 1995. So i guess i now have two 2.5 v6s! After i got comfortable with the car i punched it around a turn and threw the tail out...god i love rwd cars! It seems a little faster than the 6 but that was auto and this is stick. Im not sure if it is but it sure felt faster with the top down!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Looks great! Since you have a M3 looks. I think you should have the M3 side mirror as well.

I also test drive a miata before I get my bimmer. Of course, your ride has much higher :

Class
Respect
Power
Style
Safety
Option
Usable
Room
& many more...........................than a Miata

Take good care of her man! Love it!

I also saw someone put the newer model M3 side fender on ther ride.

Man! I want a convertible

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks On Sale, those were the exact things i was going for. Are the M3 side mirrors smaller? I like the way my stocks go with the flow of the car, but the sideskirts are a good suggestion.

I think im gonna go with the tint and rims first since it doesnt require too much trouble like painting, sanding, molding...etc.

On another note, my mom has a 98 740il and that thing drinks gas! living in chicago with high gas prices doesnt help too much either...

·
Registered
65 Posts
adeelpowers said:
silentfury:
its a 325...they didnt offer a drop top 328 in 1995. So i guess i now have two 2.5 v6s! After i got comfortable with the car i punched it around a turn and threw the tail out...god i love rwd cars! It seems a little faster than the 6 but that was auto and this is stick. Im not sure if it is but it sure felt faster with the top down!
I'm pretty sure your BMW has an I6 instead of a V6. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the E46 body style actually have a 2.7 liter engine in them?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hooker:
Yes, BMW's use Inline 6's. But Adeelpowers has an E36, not an E46. The E46 is the new body style 3series. I think the E30 325 might have been a I6 larger than 2.5 liters but the E36 325 is deffinatly a 2.5 I6. Im pretty sure that with the E36's BMW went to the system where the last two digits of the model number denote the displacement of the engine. I think there it was partially true for the E30's but there where some fuzzy areas.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the clear up silentfury.

Do you also know the exact hp and torque figures??

Ps-I added some night pictures on the second page. I'll try to put some more inside pictures since they came out blurry.

·
Registered
548 Posts
No problem Hooker, I remember when I first leaned that E30 325's didnt have 2.5 liter I6's I was completly lost.

As far as power I belive the 325's made 170hp and 180lb ft. But those numbers are really sketchy and I cant find anything online to help me.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Nice car but if your into making it look like an m3 you got a ways to go. The front helps but you still quite a few things. I figured since you have the front bumper might as well go all the way mirrors and the whole bit. Nice car though.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts