Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know I am a picture whore so I can't help starting a thread with the first pictures of my new baby.

I had the car home for about 10 minutes and my dog decided to check it out. I had muddy little footprints everywhere. He had his head hanging out the back window but I didn't have my camera out yet.

She's a brand new 2009 Mazda3 Hatchback Sport with a 5 speed trans. The color is copper red mica and the interior is black cloth. The color is a lot darker in person. I will try to get some better pictures of it when it is warmer than 20 outside. I paid just over 20k for it after tax, title, tags, and the extended warranty. AND they gave me $100 for my taurus wagon. :eek:

I have a MS short shift kit on order and I have it scheduled to go in for paint treatment, undercoating, and interior sealing. I bought the extended warranty from Mazda and the extra coating was "included" (I know I am paying for it but not having to worry about the paint will be nice). It made my payments a little higher (320/month) but it covers pretty much everything on the car. I figured that since I financed it for 6 years @ 4.9% APR it might be a good idea to have a warranty for the whole time I am paying for it. It even covers my wheels if they get bent or the paint chips off them and tires if they get any holes in them or if the original tires have any defects. :tup:

I just hope I can leave it stock for a year or two. Hopefully being on a tighter budget will make me save more money than I was before.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I like the dog!

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man. I am i love with this car. It drives so smoothly and it has a lot more power than I thought the 3's had.

I plan on leaving it "stock" for as long as possible. The only mod I have in the works is a short throw shifter because the throw right now is ridiculous.

I like the dog!

His name is Kobe. He's a Shiba Inu: A JDM hunting dog. He is a little attention whore and any time something new is around he will be there. He likes my new car.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
man.. the new mazda's have such nice interiors. nice man

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I absolutley love the 3's!! personal preferance would have had me leaning toward a sedan though... the hatch is just too mini van ish for my taste... but it would make a great grocery getter when I one day have a family to think about :D lol

·
Registered
817 Posts
YOU BUMHUG!!! My dream is a speed3...true red...Nice pickup Chef! What kind of power does the normal 3 put out? Enough to keep you happy? The speed3 is just so friggin expensive....

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
i've never been a fan of a hatchback anything accept the probe and mustang fastbacks/ fox body hatch backs. I guess i just dont feel old enought yet to drive something that reminds me of a minivan ;) lol

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
YOU BUMHUG!!! My dream is a speed3...true red...Nice pickup Chef! What kind of power does the normal 3 put out? Enough to keep you happy? The speed3 is just so friggin expensive....
I still have the mx6 for my speed thrills but it's got more balls than I thought it would have. It will spin the tires in first gear and it will also chirp easily into second gear. Sometimes I can get third too. Not bad for a car with a 2.3 liter making 156 hp and 150 ft/lbs of torque. I was also informed that these engines are very responsive to mods. With bolt ons they will make almost 200whp. :eek:

Of course it is heavier than the mx6 but it's handling is superb. It's like night and day, even compared to my mx6 with the heavily modded suspension.

I would get into too much trouble with a speed3. I'm perfectly happy with this car.

i've never been a fan of a hatchback anything accept the probe and mustang fastbacks/ fox body hatch backs. I guess i just dont feel old enought yet to drive something that reminds me of a minivan ;) lol
Don't forget I have a thing for wagons. ;) That is technically what this car is anyway. It's listed as one on a lot of automotive websites.

·
Banned
2,866 Posts
I still have the mx6 for my speed thrills but it's got more balls than I thought it would have. It will spin the tires in first gear and it will also chirp easily into second gear. Sometimes I can get third too. Not bad for a car with a 2.3 liter making 156 hp and 150 ft/lbs of torque. I was also informed that these engines are very responsive to mods. With bolt ons they will make almost 200whp. :eek:

Dont let yourself be fooled by claims dude. Mine dynoed 157/157 with intake and exhaust, and you need a lot of suporting mods (i.e. headers, intake mani, tunning) to get to the 200's. I know of this guy that barely got to 170 with intake mani, CAI, headers and exhaust (although, if you ask me, his tune is uter crap). Apparently our drivetrain loss is pretty substantial.

Albeit, I did pull a 15 secs on the track with just the intake and the exhaust. Which for a 1 ton grocery getter is pretty decent if you ask me:shrug:

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:shrug: I'm not after big power anyway. I will probably get an intake, exhaust, and possibly headers down the road a ways.

If I do anything the suspension will be worked out since there are a TON of suspension parts available for it.

·
Banned
2,866 Posts
^^Suspension is liek the big thing with this cars. I just bought a set of Koni adjustable shocks, but there is also the BC, and a shiton of springs and coils. Then the sway bars, and the frame supports, etc...

Is liek they WANTED us to race this things:p

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Lol, I can see why. The cornering ability even stock is awesome. :tup:

I like all the trunk support brackets and stuff too. I will have to start saving for some suspension work. :p

I see a lot of AutoExe suspension braces and such. Do they make a large difference in handling? Also, which springs are you dropped on? I like the eibach sportlines but I don't want to go TOO low. The car is a DD.

·
Josh Bannings = 1
3,178 Posts
Dont let yourself be fooled by claims dude. Mine dynoed 157/157 with intake and exhaust, and you need a lot of suporting mods (i.e. headers, intake mani, tunning) to get to the 200's. I know of this guy that barely got to 170 with intake mani, CAI, headers and exhaust (although, if you ask me, his tune is uter crap). Apparently our drivetrain loss is pretty substantial.

Albeit, I did pull a 15 secs on the track with just the intake and the exhaust. Which for a 1 ton grocery getter is pretty decent if you ask me:shrug:
Cuz you got the wrong car with the wrong engine. The V6 6 has about 180 wheel with an intake, 220whp if you add headers, and 240 if you do some A/F tuning.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts