Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not much of a 4-door fan,but a mazda is a mazda,especially a "6".Good luck on your new project,& keep us updated!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know a lot of you don't like the 4- doors but I do. I think they have a great shape and proportions...and like mazda-head said they are very sleepy.

The car has 209,000 miles on it. Somebody tried to drive it while the radiator was leaking and they ended up warping the head. The piston rings are also collapsed. I don't know if those things happened before or after it was wrecked.
It got hit on the drivers side front. So that side of the subframe and that control arm are kinda kinked..just enough to make it pull really hard to one side.

I'm torn right now between parting it out and fixing it up.
The transmission in it was rebuilt around 40k ago and I'd like to put that in my car 'cause I need a new one.
But the interior of this 626 is SO nice, and the body aside from the hit part is awesome...paint is great and there aren't any door dings or anything. I feel like its too nice to part out and junk, plus they are so rare I really want to bring it back to life! I would get a lot of satisfaction out of that.

But then again I could part it out and make a bunch of money on it's good parts - it has the 4WS wheels...I only paid $180.00 for it!

What would you guys do? Does anyone know where I could get some subframe pieces?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think mazda-head might be on to something.If your ready to go,just do it,it would make a great sleeper.When I had a V8 I never woulda thought a 5 door could beat me.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've decided I'm going to part it out. It's better to use it's parts to make my MX6 better, plus use the money from selling it's parts to buy MX6 stuff I want, than to spend all my money fixing it when I don't know how good it would actually turn out. I'd rather have one good MX6 than a marginal MX6 + a marginal 626.

So if anyone needs anything off it, tell me in the For Sale section...I'm posting about it there.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
You probably made the right decision to part it out. I mean, it's wrecked, got more than 200K miles on it, and engine is screwed.

It would just be very expensive to fix.

But I do like those 626s, one helluva sleeper car.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I figured it lived a long life and now it's time to harvest the organs.

'88 626 GT hatch.
lived 0 - 208411 miles
Death by blunt trauma to unibody coupled with heart failure.
Rest in Pieces

1 - 13 of 13 Posts