Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
came across a great deal on an mx-3 on craigslist.

no - that's not a dent on the fender.. just lighting..

It has suspension (not sure which, but very slight lowering, and some sort of adjustable insert); rims, near new tires, headunit/speakers, black altezza tails, fresh paint (mazda orange copper melt - used to be teal) and a KL swap.

the bad news is that the KL was over-revved bad. makes all sorts of noises.. doesn't smoke very bad, but smokes. bad knocking and sputtering. I bought it knowing this, obviously.. hence the great price (all told, even if i spend another 1200 on it, putting an engine in, i'll still come out paying less than a bone stock 3 in good condition.)

I'm pretty much betting the engine is toast.. or at least not worth pulling the heads to find out.

This will be my daily, so i'm debating just getting another DE to put into it, or finding a GOOD ze.

right now its parked at my job for safe keeping. I'll register it and get it on the road as soon as i drop an engine in.

With that said - i have a few questions. in mx3 KL swaps... where the 3 tranny is kept.. which clutches am I shopping for? mx3 or mx6? or does it not matter? I'm assuming mx3 clutch (already kept the mx3 flywheel)

Reactions: artemis

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
looks clean.

how much did you pay? :D

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
nice. I like the color.

·
Registered
169 Posts
With that said - i have a few questions. in mx3 KL swaps... where the 3 tranny is kept.. which clutches am I shopping for? mx3 or mx6? or does it not matter? I'm assuming mx3 clutch (already kept the mx3 flywheel)
MX6 clutch. For all practical purposes beyond gear ratios the mx3/mx6/probe/626 trannies are the same. You will find when swapping mx6/probe/626 trannies into an mx3 that you have to move some studs around and swap over a few sensors.

If you have anymore questions about it PM me. I'm sure I'll have answer to a great deal of your questions.

And btw, that mx3 looks real nice.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Nice little daily driver.

I just picked up a Grand Cherokee Limited for my winter ride. It's only the 4.7, but it moves pretty good.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
So what happened to the Paseo?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Looks really nice. Most of the time I would stay away from buying other peoples modified cars, but in this case, that person did a great job.

Very nice man.

·
No one told me about this
1,426 Posts
I was looking at that car aswell a month ago, good luck with it. Maybe when its done being your DD ill take it off your hands

1 - 14 of 14 Posts