Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to get all of your opinions on what I'm having done to my 6 tomorrow.
I've decided against getting one of those typical ricer like stainless steel muffler setups and opted witha complet custom job.
I'm not getting the catback cause I dont have the dough but Im replacing the stock muffler with a glasspack and big ass tip on the end. Im getting a great deal and am hoping it sounds good.
Has anyone had this similar thing done to your vehicle?
Whats your honest opinion of this type of setup? I just wanna know what everyone thinks. Thanks....

·
Registered
59 Posts
glasspack will be really loud and get louder with age. Glass will blow out. Do some research, check probetalk.com and search "exhaust". *look for posts by me!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Soooo, how are you liking your setup?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be honest, I really do like the tone but I feel it may be a little to loud. I am really liking it, although my parents, neighbors and local police thnk other wise. I ahve another post somewhere on here asking if there is anyway to make like a silencer or something to slip on and off when you don't want your exhaust screaming.

·
Registered
283 Posts
i honestly would have waited till I got the money to getthe full piping the sound on yours now may be k but you are not ganning any power u can be losing, the piping helps a lot.

·
Registered
932 Posts
If they don't make a silencer for your muffler, i'm not sure if you could make one. Maybe add another resonator in place of the cat or even add another cat. That should tone things down.

Has anybody tried just straight piping to the muffler? I was thinking of doing this to my flowmaster just for an experiment. Some people on probetalk said it would sounds like rice! I really don't believe that. I guess i'll have to try it out myself!

Anybody else in here have a Flowmaster on their cars? 80 series preferable but if you have a 40 series that's cool too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts