Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i decided today that my dashboard looks ugly. so, on a whim i've ripped it out completely, which by the way was a pain. my plan was to remove that foam stuff and fiberglass over it completely so it has that really smooth cool look. a couple months ago in Super Street they showed that Eclipse that has the same thing done to it by WetWorks. After I'm done with the fiberglassing and sanding(the part i'm really looking forward too) i'm painting it with car paint obviously. my next project will be the doors, which might be harder because you can't remove the foam because there's just cardboard underneath. any ideas??

anyways, i'll keep you guys updated with this project, should only take a week before i'm done. i think i'm doing 2-3 layers of fiberglass with body filler on top sanded down.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
sounds cool man. good luck!!! what do you mean the foam has cardboard?? i havent had my door panel off.

solar

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well what i mean is that like on the dash the foamy stuff has plastic underneath it to support the shape. the doors however are just like a big piece of cardboard with that foamy stuff on there.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
can you replace the foam with a sheet of fiberglass?

then you can do your body work and paint... or even plastic. just some thoughts.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I budy of mine with an Accord has a Fiberglass Int.

how about inchecks, Probe have you guys seen it???? the Purple Probe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts