Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
how did you do it?

I'm looking to do something similar, but I was going to use the vinyl method. What did you do?

·
Registered
24 Posts
i'd do this, but i am like so worried it will turn out ghetto...are there any secrets to making sure both sides match exactly? make a template? i love the current ones on your car, jp...anyone know off hand if gts makes blackouts for the car though?

·
Registered
27 Posts
can anyone tell me where i could get some that stuff you used on you tail lights in a green that will match my car it is the stock green that comes with the 6 i got it repainted a wile back ago due to a reck and founf out it was called "neat Green" can someone help me out

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
brakes

Try this.... i purchased a clear led strip that lights up red like for a wing and cut the bottom of my bumper to fit with shears and finished with a dremel then wired it to my brake lights and during the day its not noticeable but when it lights up its phat! ( by the way i'm in korea right now and the cars in storage so no pics cause i wasn't thinkin, sides if i spent the money to buy a camera and not on Rozzie ( the car ). She would have a hissy fit!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got my stuff at wall-mart. For about $10. Then you cut out on (with the paper still on the back of it) and then make a duplicate with the original by placing it behind the one. twin? Are you in some type of Military Branch?

Trevis

·
Registered
27 Posts
help

please if some one could please help me out i love this mod i think it is a great idea but i con't find that stuff in a color that matches my car it is the stock green color. IF anyone knows where i can buy that stuff in the color i need could you please tell me. If not and you knwo of a different way to do it let me know i have some paint left over from painting my car has anyone ever thought about painting them then clearcoating them if you think that is a good idea could you please let me know i don't want to screw up my car or anything.

·
Registered
475 Posts
this mod gets me thinking

After reading your instructions jorge, and seeing how it looks on a black 6, like my own, I dont think I'll do this mod. I actually like the way steve da greek's came out with the stripes, but I think mine would just be too much black, not enough color.
BUT, I was wondering if this mod, with the vinyl could be used to make the headlights looka little different. Sorta like the mask for the GTS, headlight covers. Anyone think that could be done? or has anyone tried it??

·
Registered
133 Posts
really?

I have a black 6, but had high expectations for the way it would look. You think it'll look bad? Now I'm having second thoughts....

·
Registered
475 Posts
Ill be honest, I dont think it'll look good on my car. But Im not saying it looks bad or anything. Anything, anyone does too their car too make it look different from the rest, is great. And don't let my stupid opinion throw you off. If u like it, u do it. I'm just saying I was thinking about doing it to my car and now that Ive seen what it looks like, Ive decided maybe I dont want to do it to my car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts