Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the mod im goin to do after headlights is a mercedes style side mirror turn signal thing. i'm going to make a small cover for the stock side mirrors out of fiberglass, have about an 3/4 inch extra space in between the stock mirror and the fiberglass cover, cut a little strip out of the fiberglass horizontally, put red vinyl i have there and have a casing behind that strip and stick a light in there.. when the turn signals are off, u wont be able to tell the mirrors are modded in anyway (well, they'll be about 3/4 inch thicker but normal people wont be able to tell) because the vinyl i got is exact same color as my car (i got it for my vinyl tail light covers and had extra).. when my turn signals are on, ill wire it with my side markers... the light will be red instead of orange but o well..

jason

G

·
0 Posts
I would try to make the turn signal lens from a PGT to fit as the lens. It shouldn't be too hard, just cut it and heat it a little to bend it the right way. That'll make it look professional and also make it more obvious as a Mercedes style turn signal.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey.. I doubt the probe corners will work since theyre probably too deep.. I may make a plexiglass thing for it though depending on if i want the mercedes look or the stealth look.. as for orange/red light, if I put red vinyl and a yellow bulb, will it come out orange or still red?

jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts