Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, apparently the previous owner had messed around with both doors. The master control switch broke and fell out while my passenger side window was down. The switch on the driver side for the passenger side window never worked, and now that the master control switch is out and broken the passenger side switch doesn't work anymore either. And now my window is down and I don't know how to get it back up. Does anyone know what I can do short of replacing the master switch, and if there is any way I can manually put the window up? I don't want to leave it open all night, especially with the weird weather lately (I live in an apartment complex so no indoor parking). I would appreciate any assistance.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I spent quite a while trying to figure out a way to get the window up, but to no avail. Does anyone know if the fact that the master switch is gone turn on the window lock and not allow the passenger side window to funtion?

·
Registered
806 Posts
You have got three contacts (i think) on the back of the switch, a short between the ground and the other two wires should make it go up or down depending on which one you connect too. That said you could get a switch from radio shack to use until you get a replacement. Check out the For Sale forum, you might find some there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts