Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i forgot who wanted to see how low my car is with super low king springs...but heres a pic of my front wheel. i couldnt be bothered cleaning the car/wheels/tyres so its dirty hehe.
the rear wheels sit just about the same as the fronts ... but u get the point.

p.s. the pic was taken with no one in the car. with just another person in the car it sits lower. and with 4 people in the car, a lot of the tyre is eaten up but still rarely scrapes because my tyres are 195's. the ride is bumpy when u hit potholes etc, but its worth it. when i had 215's, the front scraped around hard corners, and the rears touched when reversing so i decided to change to 195's. in saying that, i have hardened suspension, so it wouldnt be smart to lower any 1st gen more than this unless you also want to play around with suspension.

heres some quick shots i took of my system also.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
205' it proberly would be perfect?

but looks good - interms of height

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i would think 205's would be perfect. any larger than 225 would scrape a lot i'd think.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hmm I want to use Super Lows on my 6, but mine is a manual without 4WS so less weight. Would I have scraping problems at all? Tires are 205/50/16.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no u shouldnt.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Great, thanks guys.

Just waiting for insurance to get back to me to see if they'll still cover me if I lower the car. Otherwise i'll have to wait till my current cover expires then look for a new insurer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts