Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raced my 164 HP manual transmission Mx6, everything stock, against a 1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 200 HP automatic. We both pulled up at a red light and revved are engines and took off. I completely killed him. When I hit 60mph, I was at least 2 car lengths ahead. I was surprised because I thought the Solara's are pretty fast which they are, but my Mx6 destroyed it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Come on man, thats a fair fight, its not bull shit. Its just kinda lame that all the kill stories on this board are about family cars, and if they are about REAL cars they are fake as hell. Thats the only thing about the 6. Not going to take out anything really special without heavy mods.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not a bull story, I am telling the truth. The thing is that I raced my friend and I know he floored it cause he told me he did. And I know his car too, so I am not lying, and I did beat him. And his car is like a family/sports car. Its a 2 door coupe, with a V6 200hp engine.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm a Toyota tech, and I think that is a reasonable kill. The 3.0 V6 is a good motor, but the Solara is just a heavy Camry coupe. I drive them all the time and I think a MTX 6 would beat it if the driver is good. TRD makes a supercharger for them, those would smoke a MX-6. Good kill!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts