Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Man I wish I could learn how to post pictures on this site anyways here they are. The quality is horrible because it is with my camera phone. I was just excited about it and wanted to share it, sorry. Now all I have to do is hook it up. I found the tach wire that comes into the ecu, will that work? Or do I really have to run a wire all the way to the distributor?

Thanks,

Scot

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rami's the man always coming through for me thanks man.!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dude it's 5 inch's and the shiftlite is like and 1.5 inch's it's actually a little to big for my tastes but it's awesome. It's the biggest tach autometer offers. It's the Sport-Comp silver series. Hopefully I can get my buddies digi-cam and get better pics of it.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Mr.T said:
that tach is a bit small dont u think? :rolleyes:

T
It's for the vision impared.... you know, like those poker cards with hudge faces. hehe

·
Registered
514 Posts
unkiedave said:
It's for the vision impared.... you know, like those poker cards with hudge faces. hehe
I prefer the cards with the ladies on them:p

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just out of curiosity what is everybody's issue with having an aftermarket tach? I think they look pretty good if you choose the right one.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I never understood getting an aftermarket tach when there is a tach already there? The only gauge I think I might need is Oil Pressure.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Kanja said:
I never understood getting an aftermarket tach when there is a tach already there? The only gauge I think I might need is Oil Pressure.
Well what if your stock tach broke while you were racing and you HAD to know rpm? You would definately NEED a 5 inch tach and a blinding shift light or else you might have to shift by hearing the engine like they did in the old days.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well to me it's more for look. I think I noticed a stock tach in the car when I bought it. :rolleyes: I like the shift light it should help quite a bit. Plus the stock tach can be off a bit you never know. I just don't get why everybody is busting a probetalk.com on me and bashing me. If you don't like it just don't say anything or even ask me why like Kanja did. I was really considering getting the Stewart Warner shift-lite that also has a little read out of the RPM's in the middle, but I got this for free why wouldn't I install it. I really could care less about anybodies opinions on here it's not your car, you don't have to drive or look at it every day so what do you care. I just posted a new gadget and thought it was pretty neat and I asked a question about hooking it up. Funny how nobody is helping me out on that. Some of the people on this board are really helpful and very selective on what they say and I respect a ton for the knowledge they have gotten from these cars. The rest should not even be on the boards, if your gonna make fun of what somebody else has. But I guess I'm just another dumb teenager with a bunch of things on my car that don't do anything and serve any real purpose :rolleyes: !

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
import_killer said:
Just out of curiosity what is everybody's issue with having an aftermarket tach? I think they look pretty good if you choose the right one.
No issues just easy to make fun of. Nothing personal. I would have to agree that a second tach doesn't make much sense but the shift light can only help.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
THIS IS NOT A BASH. I'll try and sum up why some people have such a problem with the huge tach. It sorta goes along with big ass wings and light-up windshield sprayers and light-up wheel lugs. It's pretty much all the same. What it boils down to is that for the most part, people want to keep the MX6 away from stuff like that, APC altezza lights, big ugly decals all over the car's outside, stuff like that. The more people at shows and on the streets see MX6's (a rare car as it is) with that sorta stuf on there, the more they associate the 6 with so-called riceboys and poorly-done, cheap tuner cars. Take for example the honda civic. I've seen a ton of VERY nice civics, in which case the owner took his time and did it well. The end result is a classy, fast, eyecatching car. But when people bring up crappy looking, ricey imports, the first things that come to mind are civics and integras. I personally don't like either of those cars, but the reason they are so closely associated with crappy "tuner" cars is because for every really nice one, you see dozens of ugly ones. Basically, the worry is that if more and more sixers start adding huge aluminum airplane wings, giant tachs, mufflers instead of full cat-back, :V intercoolers without turbos, and stuff like that, the more people will think that's what tuned sixes look like and that ALL sixes are like that. Just trying to shed some light on the situation. Hopefully I nailed it. Just my .02.
Crooks

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can see that being very understandable zoom zoom. But trust me if there was a way I could replace all my gauges in the actual gauge cluster with autometer gauges I would. I just really like the look of autometer gauges all around the cars. But I have yet toyed with it or tried it. The gauge wont be there forever though. To me it is a little ricey I agree but the layout of gauges I was going for are like the ones in the orange supra in fast and the furious. I think it looked awesome. But I guess people on this board would consider that car ricey too. Whatever I just wont post anything on this board along with my buddies mx6 because you'll probably find one thing on his car to bash as well. And he probably has one of the nicest done up sixes in the country! Or at least a hell of a start to it. I'm done ranting now.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
THe stock tach is not accurate by any means.. I personally like tach.. since I had a monstar tach in my SIX.. I took it off and sold it cuz my ex gf was making fun of me when I was with her.. now that the BI%*& is gone.. I migh consider getting a tach again.. just to piss everyone on this board off..

@-

·
Registered
514 Posts
KyleMx6 said:
Well what if your stock tach broke while you were racing and you HAD to know rpm? You would definately NEED a 5 inch tach and a blinding shift light or else you might have to shift by hearing the engine like they did in the old days.
but what if that one breaks then you should have 2 5 in tachs just incase

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
msequence said:
THe stock tach is not accurate by any means.. I personally like tach.. since I had a monstar tach in my SIX.. I took it off and sold it cuz my ex gf was making fun of me when I was with her.. now that the BI%*& is gone.. I migh consider getting a tach again.. just to piss everyone on this board off..

@-

Why isn't it accurate? I've never heard that. I guess you learn something new everyday. how off is it? I'll get a tach if the stock one sucks that much.

G

·
This is NOT referring to you, but, I call the big shift light dummy lights.:D I try and come up with nicknames for things just for the hell of it. BTW, there is a way to change out all of your gauges to the autometer ones. It just takes a lot of custom work, and not just bolting something on the side of your dash. I've seen a bunch of old muscle cars with it done, it looks great.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Im sorry if I hurt your feelings, I just never really understood why anyone would waste money on something so trivial, but since you didn't waste money and got it for free...that makes it more understandable. Btw, the stock tach is accurate...sorry buddy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts