Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi,

after driving a week with the throttlebody by-pass for the coolant i didnt liked it because how its idling now.

So today i hooked up the coolant hoses to the throttlebody again, but now i have a lot of smoke comming out of my exhaust. so i think theres coolant leaking into the air part of the throttlebody...
can i be correct? But is there a gasket inside? dont know anymore.
and i dont have such a gasket, can i use instant gasket? (liquid one)

thanks

edit*
thought of this now,
if my TB is leaking coolant into the intake. can it be that when i did the by-pass it also leakes. it sucked air trough the nipples (where the coolant lines usually sits) and causes the bad idling..?

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
The water just goes into a chamber and has no access to the throttle body. The poor idling you had was due to the bypass, you removed the ECU's ability to adjust the idle air intake.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Have you had to top up the coolant everyday ? water in the mix would produce white smoke.

What other pipes did you remove to help you get to the water pipes and refit them ?

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Best drop a bit of sealant on that sectiona dn see how you get on. Still not said if the smoke is white, black or blue, and if you have had to keep topping up the coolant.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
you've got more than just a coolant leak then. bluish is your oil

coolant is indeed decrease and smoke is blue to white... so light blue

and sealant didnt work so ive ordered a new gasket for the iac

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
okay, lost again..

put in a new gasket between the tb and iac.. but still white smoke..
so i did the bypass again, still smoke, seems like now icant get rid of it..
i took the TB off again and the IM side of the TB is soaked as for the inside of the IM..

????????????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts