Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i know if my tubo is good it seems that when i get my rpms up to like 4 i loose alot of power like my turbo isnt workin or its really weak..do i have to get a new turbo for my car or does it get recharged or somthing what do i do i live in an area with alot of open roads help me out please....

·
Registered
375 Posts
It dosnt shut off on you dose it? Check all of your turbo-intercooler piping as well as vacuum lines. When my turbo went out it wined excessivly, sort of sounds like driving a car with power steering, but with little fluid in it. You should also check for exhaust/intake leaks. Hope you find out whats wrong with your car.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Have you noticed any problems with idling or anything? A lot of times, the throttle boot will have cracks underneath, and let air in, and the engine won't run for shit. Also, have you tried pulling the trouble codes? Do a search in maintenence and you'll find out how.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well my car does idle alittle under 1 rpm is somethin i should look into??

·
Registered
666 Posts
Not necessarily, idle is supposed to be 750 rpms. I just meant like a rough idle, like it would barely stay running.
Try the trouble codes. By the firewall on the driver side of the car, there is a little green connector. Ground that connector with a piece of wire. Then go turn your ignition on, but, don't start the engine. The check engine light will flash. Long flashes are the first number, like if you get 1 long flash, and 2 short flashes, that would be a 12. If it just flashes fast, like 6 short flashes, that would be a six. I don't have the codes, but, if you post what codes you get, I'll look them up for you.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive also noticed like when im flying along on the highway that when i let the rpms get up to 4 and 5 it seems like i loose power..do you think i need to get my turbo rebuilt??an how much do that cost?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts