Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
MX?

Crikey Mate,

I'd think twice before I posted pictures of crappers like these!

No offence... honest!

[added two weeks after the offence]
Oops sorry. I think your cars are quite lovely.

[Edited by ricdanger on 04-30-2001 at 12:37 AM]

·
Registered
183 Posts
Those are some good looking cars. I love GTPs. I dont know much about late model T-birds though. GTPs are unbelivably cool cars, my friend had one, until he got hit by a drunk driver. I was going to kick the living sh*t out of the person that hit him, cause it was such a nice car.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Man, I can't believe you guys talking s*** on his cars like that. I've been on this site since November and IH8RICE has always been cool about our cars and given some good input.

Is that the supercharged Grand Prix? My mom has a 99 GP non-supercharged and it's pretty nice. Don't like the T-bird cause it's just like this fat kid's car in HS that I hated.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Not too bad the T-Bird can be made to look real nice, theres a sweet lowered dark blue one in my town that looks really nice. I used to likethe GTP but too many grand parents driving it now.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Rodeo1080 said:
I used to likethe GTP but too many grand parents driving it now.
That's because they love to watch the look on Rice-Boy's face when they blow away his slammed base Integra :D

Seriously, though, not all senior citizens drive slow. My grandpa is the only person I know who can drive 80 mph (130 km) on the Ohio Turnpike and get away with it! :)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
GTP's are quick...fast and even more important really quick and fast! One blew the doors off my friends heavily modded 97 Eclipse GST. Left us standing still at the light. It was embarrassing, and I loved it! Don't know much about Thunderbirds though. What are the numbers on the GTP anyways...stock numbers?

·
Registered
459 Posts
By mentioning the grand parents I wasn't implying the slow factor I was implying the demographic that they were built for. They are a big car and the GTP is just a faster little more stylish grocery getter. I agree it's built to satify those people who refuse to buy imports but want the similay power. I personally just don't find it that sporty, come to think of it there aren't many domestic cars that I find sport, besides the obvious (Viper, Corvette, Prowler.....)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: go to a Pontiac site

1PHAT6 said:
why are u always on this site i h8 pontiacs
2 reasons...
1. I like to make fun of idiots like you...
2. I drove a MX6 for quite a while, but I wanted over 200HP without mods

(not dogging all the RESPECTABLE Mxers like the moderators and senior racers which should know my love and respect for one of the most agile Mazda's ever built)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
aggiedj02 said:
GTP's are quick...fast and even more important really quick and fast! One blew the doors off my friends heavily modded 97 Eclipse GST. Left us standing still at the light. It was embarrassing, and I loved it! Don't know much about Thunderbirds though. What are the numbers on the GTP anyways...stock numbers?
~6.4 0-60
1/4 ~13.6 @ ~100mph (clubgp.com averaged times some HIGH 12's some high 13's)
240HP
280ft/lbs
~3380 lbs (don't know if dry or wet)

·
Registered
158 Posts
IH8RICE said:
~6.4 0-60
1/4 ~13.6 @ ~100mph (clubgp.com averaged times some HIGH 12's some high 13's)
240HP
280ft/lbs
~3380 lbs (don't know if dry or wet) [/B]

DAAAAMMMMNNNN!!! I didn't know they were that fast. All I know is that one of my friend's friend has a GTP, and we rolled up on him on the highway (in a prelude) and he just smoked the hell out of us. Not that a prelude is that fast, but i never expected the GTP to destroy the prelude like that. Wish I could have talked my dad into getting the GTP for my mom instead of the regular one. Then I could go fry (I mean DEEP FRY) some rice.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I'm highly surprised that a GTP can run 13's stock (I doubt it actually). My mother has a '99 GTP, and I tested it to 60 at 6.2 seconds with my g-tech. Quite fast, but after that the car just feels... dead. That thing would beat my car to 60, I'm sure of it, but it wouldnt have a snowballs chance in hell of catching up to me on the highway. Not to mention it handles like a drunken moose, but I think that's the stock tires fault. Otherwise it's a very good looking, comfortable, and respected car.

[Edited by anarchyx34 on 04-02-2001 at 07:38 PM]

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got the numbers off http://www.clubgp.com they are the averaged times... a guy modded his and hit 12.89 and some people got like 14.2 I took the small list and averaged them and it came to 13.61. Like I said.. I'm not trying to B.S. anyone. I haven't ran mine for 1/4 yet so I honestly can't say.. plus like I like to remind EVERYONE I'm a mile high so I don't get full boost... I'm almost always at vacuum because the lack of air up here. If I ever go back to Indiana or go to Vegas.. I will try and get a good time for you guys...

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
like I said it was a heavily modded Eclipse and we got burnt. I could believe high 13's. Grocery getter or not...it packs a punch. I know I'd take one in a heart beat. Sadly I'm broke now that I have my 6 and college. One day!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I added a picture of the supercharged engine if anyone is curious as to what they look like.. by the time you read this I'll probably have the V8 on there too

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll add a picture of it (Supercharged engine)now that it's modded

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've always been a fan of both those cars. My only beef with them is the size. I like the lighter vehicles myself. Are you going ot be doing any major modifications to them at any point? What is the most horse people have gotten them to?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
there is a guy here at a mile high and he puts 333HP to the wheels... mine is probably only 280 at the flywheel...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts