Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here is the situation.
I bought a 7" screen for my car and I am going to hook my ps2 up to it. The screen is DC powered so I am guessing it plugs into my lighter, right??? Well, the ps2 is AC powered, right, so I am going to need a power inverter for this. I only have room for one plug in my lighter, so I have a problem with the tv screen and the inverters power supply. Would it be okay to just buy one of those multi lighter plugs from say walmart and hook them up like that or should something be done about the plug for the screen??? Let me know what you guys think so I dont fry my whole car. Thanks

·
Registered
440 Posts
cant you just hook it up to the battery not thuorgh the lighter that would look dumb with all the wires goin to the lighter

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
True...all that stuff in the lighter spot, might kinda look tacky. First off you shouldn't have bought a screen that plugs in. The only way to get around it is this: Go to Wal-Mart ang get one of those 350 Watt Power Inverters that have a spot for 2 plugs. It'll cost ya right at $54.00. Next just get a package of like 8 or 12 guage wire. You just take one part of the wire to the pos. side of the battery and one to the negative. Then just put the other ends on the inverter where it has the + & - spots. Just screw those caps over the wires and ur set. Just just hide the Inverter somewhere, but somewhere where you will still be able to flick the switch if you need to. Then just plug in your tv and ps2 and hide those wires. That should really be about it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay well thanks guys. Once the stuff gets here I will get to work on it. I will let yall know how it turns out and hoperfully post some pics. Thanks again. Oh one more thing, did you guys know that wal-mart carries power inverters? Are they descent, I think it is like 300 watt.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Dude, in my post I said I bought my power inverter at Wal-Mart. They come as like 200 watt for $35 (w/ one plug in spot), 350 for $50 (2 plug is spots), and 500 I believe for $70 (3 or 4 plug in spots).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts