Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I proberly put osme up befor but figured since I found more I'd add them plus few other things
Will proberly add more as I find more things

strip Note I had the antenna pluged - welded a new bit in
camera work is crap and well different cameras used from phone to SLR
but when ever I saw the car over the 6 months between Feb08 and July 08 - yeah six months.

5 month body work
roof was still being completed

just after paint

one of the paint strut brace some time later

oh and a interior shot.
Well sort off about 3 weeks latter, Being an original family car it had - Pokimon playing cards- School reports and about 20 Maccers french fries and I think I found $10 worth of $2 coins

some close to after shots
not clear not great

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
thats pretty sweet.

but (imo) from the last two pictures i would say it either needs dropped some or bigger wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
looks good, how'd you rate the work? And how was the price, looking at respraying my car in the future perhaps.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks good, how'd you rate the work? And how was the price, looking at respraying my car in the future perhaps.
How do I put it. I'd say expensive but then again it was still semi mates rates. So lets say $8K but I know for a decent full in out spray he does them. He had a 69 mustang my mates on the rotisery next to where shots in the begining are taken. Your looking into the 15K area bare metal but. But alot of the cars he's done including or most of his have been in alot of magazines etc.
BUt he did do things liek spray the outer mirrios I was goign ot leave black and then we had discusion about the trim. I wanted colour code full J-spec type and he said maybe a black line etc. He thought it a bit busy but I'm the customer. He gets ideas.
Last one a UTE A WB was in brute utes mag. but IMO
the paint is proberly average but the body work is clean.
I mean they use almost NO BOG. The wagon had NO filler in the roof and doors etc.
They poped every dent in the bonnet.
Ohenstly I didn't even think they would Plate the hole for the antenna but they did.
The place where it's done, the owner was the only guy to of fixed up the only Private Keionggseegg (SP )CCX in Aus.

In fact in beging there is ferrari 430 in the background of one shot I think. where it is stripped. Soon as that was done it was moved to where it was but then for like 1month it was used to hold up the CCX's rear panel - reason the roof was last to be repaired. That thing IS LOW.

It was repaired from bare metal done old school made smooth without cuting out any parts. I had a whole rear roof section spare but they figured better off done like that.

The paint work was rushed a little I noticed it had a few runs when a few weeks later I put it up on the hoist but does not bother me. It's a daily driver so. I wanted mix of totally clean and knew it would get some minor damage.
but the rear bar is going back has a scratch.

I guess in some ways I should of done the Jams but I figured most damaged areas anyway and I knew I'd get too fusy I just wanted the damage fixed.
I proberly went too far but figured what the hell.

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
How do I put it. I'd say expensive but then again it was still semi mates rates. So lets say $8K but I know for a decent full in out spray he does them. He had a 69 mustang my mates on the rotisery next to where shots in the begining are taken. Your looking into the 15K area bare metal but. But alot of the cars he's done including or most of his have been in alot of magazines etc.
BUt he did do things liek spray the outer mirrios I was goign ot leave black and then we had discusion about the trim. I wanted colour code full J-spec type and he said maybe a black line etc. He thought it a bit busy but I'm the customer. He gets ideas.
Last one a UTE A WB was in brute utes mag. but IMO
the paint is proberly average but the body work is clean.
I mean they use almost NO BOG. The wagon had NO filler in the roof and doors etc.
They poped every dent in the bonnet.
Ohenstly I didn't even think they would Plate the hole for the antenna but they did.
The place where it's done, the owner was the only guy to of fixed up the only Private Keionggseegg (SP )CCX in Aus.

In fact in beging there is ferrari 430 in the background of one shot I think. where it is stripped. Soon as that was done it was moved to where it was but then for like 1month it was used to hold up the CCX's rear panel - reason the roof was last to be repaired. That thing IS LOW.

It was repaired from bare metal done old school made smooth without cuting out any parts. I had a whole rear roof section spare but they figured better off done like that.

The paint work was rushed a little I noticed it had a few runs when a few weeks later I put it up on the hoist but does not bother me. It's a daily driver so. I wanted mix of totally clean and knew it would get some minor damage.
but the rear bar is going back has a scratch.

I guess in some ways I should of done the Jams but I figured most damaged areas anyway and I knew I'd get too fusy I just wanted the damage fixed.
I proberly went too far but figured what the hell.
thanks for the info, so how bad was the panel work? Did they need to iron out a fair few dents and gaps? or was the car reasonable?

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
car was in a rear ender

reason I had a whole rear roof section but when I boguhti t was badly Bogged up I though ah only a max backyard 4 -5mm job.

Didn't even try to straighten the metal just BOGGED IT UP - 10-20mm.

Rest of the car clean as reason doors boonet etc only took 2 days all up. normal shopping trolly dents and minor stuff. Same as bumper etc.
but in the boot the rear section was still smashed. So I bought from mazda the last two rear beaver panels - can't even get from mazda anymore they said ?
I got the roof section from my wreaker mates because the panel beater of some other joint needed a rear bottom section.
So they bought a identical - same year 5 speed etc Wagon.
they cut the rear section out and sold it.

Anything I wanted I could hqave at discount price. So I pickedup whole interior - some cleaner some not. - seat belts - new rear boot panel. They cut a rear roof out for me. Just in case
An I took the gearbox for $200. irony car has same kms as mine did 170,xxxKm's yet it was a 94 july build - mine is 94 oct build comple 95.
but it had slighlty better interior as it had the vinal trim on carpet - mine had the no vinal trim on carpet.

On thing I know about the panel beater is he's good with door and gaps. I dind't even notice the roof was a bit colapse but they got the gap either side almost perfect - he showed me with ruler the 1mm difference. but it was only on the outer bit that bends not on the frame as I had it checked.
So overall the car was just cosmetic.

The underneath is clean as. only suspension bits repalced have been wear and tear - shocks springs -bushes.

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
Sounds good, so would you recommend them? Able to tell me the company name or pm it to me. As I'd like to get my car resprayed eventually, not sure when, but thought I'd start collecting names.

My front panel gaps are somewhat shocking, sounds like this guy would be able to sort it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts