Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall, the other day i was rolling my window up (power windows) I heard a crack noise and my window fell into the door. Now I cant get it up. I took the door pannel off and looked @ it but I couldent find what was wrong. I have a felling it is going to be expensive. has anyone had this problem? how much does it cost?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
LOL...that sux...

Im guessing that its the drive cable. mine got broken when some as$hole decided to break into my car... he stuck a pry bar between the window and roof and snapped the cable (actually it was a plastic piece connected to the window). look in your door and see if you can see a cable coming out of the motor...is it intact? thats my best guess right now. good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

that is what broke! How did you fix it? Right now I have a tarp over my window because it is raining.(this sucks).

G

·
You need a new window regulator. It is the cable assembly that the motor uses to move the window up and down. It comes with the motor and the assembly for attaching to the window glass. $160.00 from mazda part # GA2B-59-560A. Just got mine replaced last week. I do not know of any aftermarket options but if cash is short you could pull your window regulator assembly and see if you can find a matching one at a junkyard. Good luck. PS try not to let any water get into the door ...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
getting fixed

I took it to a local Ford dealership and they are fixing it tomorow (the window regulator) they sail it will be $280 I think I am getting ripped off. What do you think. That includes labor and everything.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yeah...thats a rip off...do it yourself... a few bolts here and there... as long as you have flexible hands and arent ham-fisted, you shouldnt have a problem...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts