Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Thats cool, the car is sitting at my father's shop right now.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I haven't had an order for the mx3 in this recent batch. I recall the issue with the mx3 being that the links are significantly shorter. If you can get me the overall length of the endlink I can tell you if they will work

·
Registered
637 Posts
Fronts look great, cant wait for the rear.

·
Registered
814 Posts
how much for the whole set sent to au post code 2770 and allso have you got any left

·
Registered
717 Posts
I like these.... but what exactly would the ability to adjust the length do? Pre-load the sway bar? I though adjustability of sway-bar stiffness was achieved by changing how far up or down the sway bar the link connects by having a number of different mounting holes

like this:

If anyone can provide a good reason why being able to change the length of the link is beneficial, karma, AND I will buy one on the spot. :tup::cool:

EDIT: I am a total moron.

The handling improvement is minmal in most circumstances. These endlinks have approximately a 15* angle of rotation. The stock endlink has about a 30* angle of rotation. This means that the sway bar will react slightly faster, however unless your autocrossing you probably won't notice the difference.

The endlinks are also adjustable, meaning that you could preload your swaybar, that is increase the length of one or both sides. This would create a constant force on the bar, meaning it could again react faster, but when preloading the bar, you will increase the cars tendancy to oversteer or understeer. I don't recommend adjusting these to non-stock length unless you know what your doing

The main benifits to these links are threefold

1. The design allows for easier installestion and removal then the stock endlinks. (many people have to cut the stock endlinks off because the allen key has a tendency to strip)
2. Stronger then stock endlinks. Upgraded swaybars will wear heavily on the stock endlinks. These endlinks are completly stainless steel and can hold the extra force exerted by the larger swaybars
3. Price. These endlinks are much cheaper then stock, in fact a set of two is only slightly more then one Mazda replacement.

The handling improvements would be fourth on my list of benifits

Also these will not affect ride height
I guess that means 3x karma for the man, and I have to buy 3 sets because he gave three very good reasons! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
i still havent gotten a response from him from 3 days ago,

but glad to see these things moving :tup:

they are quality, and by god they make a hell of a difference if your stock endlinks are worn at all.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
cf_z replied sorry for the delay.

bmxfuel007 I'll go check my paypal to make sure I've recieved the payment and than I should be able to ship them out on Friday.

Artemis pm'd you.

I'd always had plans to build an adjustable sway bar like artimis described but school/work/life got in the way. Then I passed the six on and it just never happened.

I'll also add a forth point to why these links are a benifit over stock links (and some of my aftermarket competion) the design point of failure (in the rare circumstances that failure should occur) is the threaded rod in the middle of the joint. This is very easy and more importantly cheap to replace. If you manage snap one I can get you a replacement peice for less then $5 to your door

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Hey,

interested in a set for the adjustabilty reasons and I've a question:

how much adjustment does the link allow? Is it at stock length midway in its adjustment? If not, where is the stock length in the range?

thanks

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
for the rears the minimum length is stock. With about 2 inches longer maximum length.

The fronts also have about 2in of adjustment. from about 1/2" shorter to 1 1/2" longer than.

If you need links to be longer then that for some reason let me know and I can work with you. Shorter links will probably be available once my current stock sells out. I plan to start restocking a slightly different design that I use for mx3's again. It allows for a much shorter link but not as much overall adjustment. That probably won't happen until the spring though

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Hi Mike,

I am so pleased that the Mazda MX 6 is so well catered for in the USA.

In the UK, the prices of spare parts are stupidly high, especially from Mazda.

Last summer when I was on my annual visit to Wisconsin, I paid almost half the price for the Cambelt Tensioner at Don Millers the local Mazda dealer in Madison, WI. The State Tax was only 5 1/2% compared to 17.5% National Value Added Tax over here in " Rip Off UK ".

We have just had a small budget from our lousy government and the VAT has gone down to 15%.

BIG DEAL .......................:mad:

Anyway how much would both ends ( Front & Rear ) cost for my '97 Mazda MX 6.

Can you give me two prices please.

Delivery to Wisconsin and delivery to London in the UK.

Look forward to hearing from you.

In the meantime, have FUN.

Paula

21 - 40 of 124 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.