Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i purchased a set of new front speakers and was in the process of installing the 2nd speaker on the drivers side and came across the most wires in one place that i have ever seen, alot of which seem to have been cut and are really long (see picture). So while looking at the mess i had in front of me i noticed 2 little black boxes which i have no idea what they do. One has a black wire comeing out of it that has been cut and the other just has wires going into it. Normally id think nothing of them except for the one with the obvious wire cut and the other one seems a little new to be found in my dash haha. Anyways thanks to any help identifying what i have got here. Its going to be a [shizzle] job putting in this speaker especially because i kicked the soldering iron before and burnt the [shizzle] out of my foot. Have a good boxing day guys.

RPR89

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
which one is? the one with the random cut wire or the one without the wire?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
The one with the cut wire is the receiver and control box. The cut wire is the antenna.

The other box is the shock sensor.

Looks like it was installed by a car stereo place, they don't do the best job!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Mystery box could be anything, it could even be a boat, and you know how we've been wanting a boat...

srs note, im agreeing with the alarm call

1 - 5 of 5 Posts