Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Naturally Aspirated 2.2L motor with a turbo bolted on. I know it's been talked about on here, just the other day my friend and I were standing over my MX-6 LE with the hood raised and he asked about turbocharging the engine in my LE. Well I really don't want to turbocharge my LE so we've decided to find a P.O.C MX-6 at the salvage auction and strap on a turbo and see what she'll do. I really don't care about the motor that the turbo is going on because there's two junkyards within a mile that has dozens of 2.2L motors sitting around collecting dust. The only thing I'm really concerned about is the NA fuel system. Give me some feedback on what you think about this, or anything I should add/swap/change before it's maiden voyage. Well as soon as I find my project car I'll get the ball rolling on the swap and let you guys know how long a NA 6 motor will last with a turbo strapped on it..............this is going to be fun. :D

Take Care,
JohnathanJ

·
Registered
512 Posts
Put the GT injectors in there that should richen the A/F or get a Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator. Make sure you get the oil line hooked up so it flows lots of oil. Don't need to connect coolant lines.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Johnathan....keep me posted on all the steps of the way..... im thinking of turbocharging my N/A

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Well, what about the ignition system and knock control system. Those are kinda important, especially since you're going to be running higher compression. I mean, I guess this is like turboing a regular N/A car, like a honda or something. I'm pretty sure those have knock control systems though anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts