Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,im new to the site but know a fair amount about cars,i was wandering if there were any kits out there that i could put on my NA 88 MX6 insted of just a stock turbo system from a junked GT?and i was thinking that the tranny might have to be replaced because of the increased power. about the turbo,iv seen some really nice ones posted on here and was wandering if i could just get on of those a turbo manifold and bolt it on,ok what am i missing,but i would really love to have the turbo on the car,ne help is appreciated,also the 626 ,probe,and MX6 r basically the same car right?

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Have you conducted a search? All your answers, and more, are in one.

Basically, yes, there is a turbo kit. Racingmazda, I believe it goes for around $3k.

You're probably going to want to buy a GT, regardless of whether want to hear that or not. I have been there and had an LX, and trust me, if you want the turbo then you want the GT. There's more to it than just a turbo and tranny. Everything is different.. flywheel...clutch...control arms... axles...rear brakes... wiring.. pistons... suspension...

good luck with your search. My suggestion is to find a GT that needs a little work such as a clutch, tranny, or turbo. Those are a few common things to go out on these cars and you may find a steal if you're willing to get dirty.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
o im willing to get dirty,and after i posted i went and looked some more on the forum and ya i got some answers,thnx for not flameing me though,didnt know that much was so diff about the LX and the GT,ill find some one that needs a clutch and grab that one cuz the car has sooo much potential but no one sees it,iv read on here people getting atleats 250hp which is awsom,but iv also seen so any diff engine codes,the 2L,the 2.2L,SOHC,and DOHC version ect ect.im kinda confused,but thnx

·
Registered
514 Posts
ok 2.0l SOHC is a FE 1983-1987 626(mostly carb, and is a down grade for you there are just a few post up here b/c of me about them)
2.2l SOHC is a f2 1988-1992(i for get if it is 92 or 91)
626, mx6, ford probe (stroked version of FE SOHC and 4 more
valves)
2.0L DOHC is a FE DOHC aka FE3 it is a JDM motor for the 2.2l

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
And just so he understands...you have the 2.2l, SOHC, 12v, N/A motor. Otherwise knowen as the F2. It is 110hp (I can't remember the TQ for the N/A), I have the same motor except its turboed , the ingition timming is mechanicaly controlled ect. this motor is knowen as the F2T, and it puts down 145hp with 190tq stock.

Methman

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
ya i know that and i believe the F2 makes 150lbs/tq,and methman what did u make ur homemade CAI out of since i really cant get another car right now,i might as well mod it,but its hard to find parts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts