Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1761 - 1769 of 1769 Posts

·
the one that spits fire
112 Posts
I'm getting his rails and injectors here in a few weeks. Been working massive overtime so i can earn the extra cash for them. Thanks for offering though man.
no worries man

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,763
Some pictures of the new items I got if you didn't see them on the fb page.

Corksport intercooler. Much bigger!

My megasquirt PNP!!!

Greddy FV blow off valve

Tial wastegate.

Oil filter relocation kit, battery relocation kit (still need a case for the battery) 36-1 wheel, quad spark unit. Data cables and such for the mspnp.

New gauge pod

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,764
Its been awhile since I posted anything in this work log. And that's because I haven't been working on the project lately. I've been busy working on the Millenia in my little spare time to make it drivable so it can be used as a backup just in case.

Now that I know its drivable, I took a few hours today to finally get started on the turbo project.

I'm still in the teardown stage, but I feel like I got a decent amount done in the ~3 hours I had to work on it.

Was able to remove all the intake piping along with the manifold.

Then removed the driver side strut assembly and driver side axle along with the rear cross member so I could reach the rear downpipe bolts.

Then got hungry and ordered some food and took a break when he arrived lol.

Then drained and remove the radiator. Then was able to remove the stock downpipe (not pictured) Headers are still attached, but one day at a time.

Next time I'm going to remove headers and try to get the transmission out. Hopefully.

Until next time....

·
Registered
77 Posts
tapping noise from the rear of the engine could be due to slippage between the exhaust camshaft driven gear and friction gear

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,767
tapping noise from the rear of the engine could be due to slippage between the exhaust camshaft driven gear and friction gear
I appreciate the comment man. However I've already fixed the issue. This thread has had so many unneeded questions asked that could've been searched. In reality it should be deleted and me make a turbo build thread. As this thread probably pops up on google more than it should and possibly giving misleading information.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,768
Wow. So almost 3 months have went by since my last update here. I mainly blame that on the mx6 page on Facebook. I'm always posting questions there.

Anywho, the quest for a 2nd car to use as a backup has ended. If you are on the mx6 page on Facebook you may have seen this picture posted recently....

A few more shots...

This is my backup daily. I purchased her about a month ago from a member here. His name is donald. Never gave me his forum handle but he's subscribed here from what he's told me. I purchased the car for 1650$. Came with a bad exhaust leak and a bad vacuum leak. But a list of mods!!!

Mod list as follows:

Millenia klze motor (kl31 heads, low compression bottom end)

Klg4 manifold

Hotshot headers and downpipe with mandrel bent catback

Hotshot cold air intake

Probe gt trans (shorter final drive)

Short throw shifter with new bushings

Some mix disk clutch setup

Fidanza flywheel

Rx7 Fd wheels

AC delete along with second fan delete

Tokico Illumina (white) adjustable struts with springs.

Brembo dual piston calipers up front with brembo slotted rotors.

Nbk rear calipers (626 calipers?) with some brembo blanks in the rear.

SS clutch and brake lines

17mm rear sway bar

Trailing arms with poly bushings

King6 front cross member with poly mount

King6 rear poly motor mount

Trans saver mount

Egr delete

Some kind of sway bar end links. He called them hind joints?

Rear strut brace

Custom white gauges with led

Espec headlights with hids

Led corner lights

Clear side markers in the front

M edition tail lights

I might be missing something. There was a remand steering rack installed in 2010 when the motor was replaced. The car needs a few of
Small things fixed. Other than those minor items she's solid as far as I know.

Future plans are to install the klze cams I have and do a maf swap. That'll really open her up.

If anyone remembers, yes I still have my turbo project. She's up on jackstands right now. I haven't touched her since I've been on the hunt for a second car. Had to get something in case my daily finally breaks down. But since I do have it, I'll be able to do a little more work to it. However I've decided I'm going to go all out and build the motor right. I've got thousands invested in the turbo setup alone. But nothing invested into the motor or trans. I have future plans to get forged internals, do head work, tri flow cams, and some straight cut gears. (This is my ultimate ideal setup, tuned on my MSPNP)

It will take time. Lots of time and money. The money part I'm not too worried about. It's the time part that will kill me. Constant 12 hr shifts with 1 day off some weeks. Gives me little time to work on my cars. So with that said the build will most likely not be done until next year. I have no intentions of selling or getting rid of the car. I've always wanted to build a boosted vehicle and I now have the opportunity. In due time guys.

Until next time....

·
Super Moderator
2,150 Posts
Welcome back Kipp

1761 - 1769 of 1769 Posts