Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok with out turbo and Nos.

I calculated HP gains (no i did not use the max of each companies claims like alot of people), and with hi flow cat, cat back system by borla, headers, a KN cold air intake, an aluminum underdrive pulley, and an aluminum flywheel I can get close to 217 in my opinion..... now my question does this seem resonable to you? My engine is a kl03

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
im guessing you mean at the crank and not the wheels?

solar

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes at the crank.... what is the usual percentage of HP loss at teh wheels?

OHHHHH and I forgot my biggest upgrade...... the chip upgrade.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What isn't possible? 217 hp at the crank? I think it is.... 217 at the wheels? no not with out a turbo...

·
Registered
446 Posts
You aren't going to see 53HP from I/H/E, UDP, flywheel. Even if the chip was custom-made for your car, all these modifications may net you about half that. I'm sure it will make a noticeably healthy improvement to your car's performance, but you aren't going to see the numbers you're hoping for.

BTW, K&N doesn't make a CAI.

·
Registered
806 Posts
All the normal bolt ons on a KL03 usually puts someone in the neighborhood of 150-160 hp at the wheels. This depends on the type of headers, intake, whatever. You could port and polish and increase the number further, but this range is the dyno proven area those mods would get you.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well then what air intake does K&N make? Is it some type of forced air because I have it right here in a catalog and it has the tube and filter and everything.... is it some kind of forced air maybe?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts