Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the way to Extreme Imports today. That is one of the biggest imports shops in the Indianapolis area and where I get all my goodies at. Well anyway i am at a stoplight and a Camaro RS pulls up behind me. I had noticed him trying to get on my tail for a couple of miles. So when the light tursn green I decieded to give him a little show. I have a muffler and intake on my car so it makes quite a bit of niose but what really got his attention was my aluminum and carbon fiber racing spoiler. Well anyway the light turns green and I speed of ate about 3/4 throttle letting him hear my car roaring. We are on a four lane road so he followed me for a couple seconds then floored it and got around me and pulled in fornt. Thats when we hit a red light and got a nice line Opportunity. I could tell he was an auto cuz i could see him getting antsy and letting off the brake and his car would start rolling but i have a stick so i just sat there with my car at 2000 rpms wating for the light. When it truned green we bot shot off the line but having the stick i had a huge jump on him. I was ahead of him but about half a car length till i had to shift into second then my clutch slipped pretty bad(new clutch is on order). This let him pull even with me again and we stayed that way till i had to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting the mustang being driven by some granny in my lane and he shot off and that is the last i saw of him. I was still very impressed that i hung with that car considering i have a four banger with a slipping clutch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nice story man, I'm impress that you actually kept up with that Camaro considering you have a 4 banger, your lucky it wasn't an SS. You would've seen his tail lights after 2 seconds. =)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know those SS's are super fast! altough I usually can't beat those RS six banger Camaros I can at least give them a run for their money. It really freaks them out when they run against me because they think they are Gods and they can beat any car and then I hang with them all the way into third gear.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Some of those late 80's/early 90's camaro RS's actually have the 5.0 V8 engine in them. But I'm assuming you're talking about the newer camaros, which the RS does have a 6 cyl in it.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
magik8 said:
Some of those late 80's/early 90's camaro RS's actually have the 5.0 V8 engine in them. But I'm assuming you're talking about the newer camaros, which the RS does have a 6 cyl in it.
yeah they used to come with the 305... hey when you get your new clutch, go find that guy. i was side by side with an MTX RS with 3 people in my car! ive said it before and ill say it again, its all in the launch/second gear!

·
Registered
332 Posts
What makes you think that the Whale Tail on you car got his attention. I thought you did not talk to the guy. Do you think that maybe he just wanted to pick on the punk in the noise Jap car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.