Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well what Im contemplating is to pick up this other tank, and have it re-coated before I put it on the car. Would save a lot of downtime.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
I dunno, up here in the "great white north" these fuel tanks rust pretty badly. Most get to the point where they are not repairable. Most all cars nearing 20 years old up here, that are still on the road, are on their 2nd plus gas tank.

I would look at patching a rusty tank only as a complete last resort. Perhaps you can source one from down south somewhere which might be in better condition?

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
I once sold a 4ws tank (new) for 130 since i needed cash. I paid less than that. It was an ebay mistake. I sure wish i could find another for that price.

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I did end up picking up the other tank back then, but it leaks at the seam in one corner:( But at leats now I can have 1/2tank of gas, and not ZERO gas.

I should get my old tank re-done once I get some extra cash/ I did find one for sale that was new, but it was $600:tdown:

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
How about taking out your tank and building yourself a dual-tanked fuel cell?

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Too much work. And Im not sure how Id hook up the wiring for activating the transfer pump on the other section of the fuel cell.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts