Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I need a 600 watt amp for my two 12'' JBL subs. Anyone here have one to sell or knows where i can buy one in NJ?

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
^my bad like i might have not mentioned i dont know shit about amps and such. but anyway..how many watts should i peak at?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well look at your box (if you bought it new) if not then I'm "guessing" that 400watts might be the max for 12" JBL's.. but check your nominal power also.. cuz you don't want to risk blowing up your subs.. I have a 75x2 amp running to my subs and that's more than enough power for now, when get get the cash, it'll be 150x2 at least...

G

·
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
372 Posts
hmm i didn't know JBL's can be that powerful.. but 1200 is your max.. meaning it doesn't stay there long so that's not the important #.. the 300rms is really good..
But the ones you have right now is.. 120rms and the peak is 480.. so to prevent your subs from blowing up.. get a 100x2rms amp for it.. 75x2 would be perfect those two subs.. good power and you don't have to risk buying new subs. The wattage on the amp really don't mean anything. Look for the 75x2, make sure u can bridge it easily also, if you want more power out of it.. but you're gonna have to ask someone who knows what he's doing to do it for you cuz I can't really explain it..

·
Registered
732 Posts
Globalmart has good prices.

I got a Pyramid 1000W amp for $119 and its great!

FYI on the site its listed as an 800W (unless they fixed it) but the factory later determined it was underrated and is actually 1000W. So when you buy the 800 you get a 1000. Same price. Good deal eh? Don't worry about the no-name brand. Pyramids sound real good. A friend (who referred me to them) has his Pyramid1200 powering 2 12s that HIT

·
Registered
732 Posts
hmm hard to say. those look nothing like the amp I have. Mine is gold. but make sure its bridged or bridgable, and that its 4 channel and has a built-in crossover

1 - 12 of 12 Posts