Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if one of you with a MTX could take a picture of the pedal locations and a picture looking up at all the wiring and stuff under the dash on the driver's side. I'm getting my ATX swapped for a MTX in the next couple weeks. Only problem is that I've moved my fuse box over and I want to make sure that it's not in the way for the clutch. If anyone has a picture of this already or could take one for me I would be forever indebted! Thanks!! I can't wait for the MTX short shifter!!!!

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yyyyyeeeaaaahhhh... swap that ATX out!!!!. is a shop doing it or are you doing it yourself???

ill try to take a few pics but... i dont have a digital so i would have to go buy film, shoot the pics and then develop it...

but i can do that... what EXACTLY do you want pics of?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude that would be so sweet if you could do that for me!!! Really appreciated. I'd just need a pic of where the pedals are attached to the fire wall and a picture of what is around the steering column cause that's where I relocated my fuse box and I think I may have to move it again. This is where it is now, (you can see part of the auto brake pad)
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/e7ab1563/bc/Mazda+MX-6/New+Fuse+Box+Spot.jpg?bcm7IP7Ad31h4rDl

I can't wait to get the tranny swapped I've been saving for this for a while!! Stick is so much better I've gone to so many dealers with the intent of trading my 6 in but I just love this one and can't part with it!

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
whoa...i had to tweak my neck to see that pic...

so are you doing it yourself or is a shop doing it?

consider a heavy duty gearset so you can drive the hell out of it...

ill go get some film tomorrow and take the pics as soon as i get home from work... and develop them as soon as i shoot off the whole roll (ill take plenty of my car and daughter).

now i just have to find a scanner... i could probly use one at school... ill shoot for Wed. or Fri.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm getting a shop to do it. There's a really good Mazda shop close to me who's done a lot of these. They'll probably also be doing either a Turbo or KLZE for me next summer. I've been talking with them a lot about that too. They've got an awesome reputationg and do some amazing work! T hey built up and old 323 that would smoke almost anything on the road right now it's nutts!! Thanks again for the help I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah I need to swap my tranny for a mtx also, but im thinking about trading it for a mtx. did the dealerships have any problem when u asked them for an even trade? I haven't done much to my atx, so im just gonna trade it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im thinking about that too and am courious about how much are they going to sharge for the whole thing if you dont mind telling me. Im going down to the Mazda Tech shop tomarrow to get a quote. So just so il have a price in mind that would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I know through a dealership the trade in will still end up costing you a could thousand dollars most likely, is was around $2,500 - $3,000 CDN for me to trade it in. I was going to get a newer year though. I just don't really want to trade it in cause I know exactly every km on my car and you never know about a used one. As for the shop doing my swap all the work I'm getting done will cost just under $2,000. I'm getting the timing belt done, the tranny swapped and a short shifter kit at the same time. Just the tranny was going to be around $1,400 CDN. Hopefully this will help. Make sure you talk to a bunch of people about it cause I found that a lot of people didn't really know what they were talking about and make sure you know where they are getting the parts and that they have a good warranty. These guys are getting a whole MX6 from an auction and taking all the parts out of it, but replacing anything that doesn't look or work really well and the shops got a great reputation. Just make sure you do a lot of research.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the info. And i have been looking for a broken down MTX MX6 to buy cheap and swap it with, also. I will keep all of that in mind and i read the post about the guy doing it to his probe and i would be lost. Thanks,
Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts