Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bro is in the process of getting a mx6 LS v6. He test drove it once. It's the caribean blue color with 18" rims. He said he has neuspeed springs on the car. Is he lying cause i'm not sure that neuspeed makes springs for our car? The guy said the car was fine but only that the clutch needs re-adjustment and the shaft of the shifter is wobbly. He's selling it for $6900 and has 75000 miles on it. Do u think it's a good buy? Also How much would it cost for those repairs.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Neuspeed doesn't make springs for our cars. As far as the other things, I don't think that you can adjust the clutch in our cars. I'm not sure though. The clutch probably needs to be replaced. Fixing the shifter is pretty easy and not really expensive. $6900 is pretty cheap considering the miles. I'd try to talk them down a little more. Especially if the clutch does need to be replaced. You can use that to your advantage. All in all, if you can afford to get the things fixed then I'd say that it's a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Nuespeed doesnt make springs for our car, so this guy is lying to you. Since he has obviously lied once to you guys, I would be very cautious. Take it to a mechanic and have him give it a good look over. Check the axles. Also get an estimate on the new clutch and ahve him take that off the price of the car...

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Check for all of the maintenance that was done to the car.. remember, sirca 60K miles, you have to change the time belt, water punp and their tensioners, axles, valve cover gaskets and intake manifold gaskets, also, if it's a 93-94, check as see if the rear calipers have been replaced or not. $6900 is a good price for the miles, but after you're done with all of the maintenance and parts, it will probably about $10,000 car.

Explain that you know about the car and what needs to be replaced. Let him know that Neuspeed does NOT make springs for our cars and that you cannot be fooled. KBB states that a 93MX6 with 80K miles should be $6,435. Tell him you'll take it for $5500 no questions asked. Then must maintenance that baby up and you'll have a helluva car.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just found out that it was struts not springs, my bad. It is fast though, and alot faster than my 4 cyl. I test drove it just yesterday. But the clutch doesn't seem to shift well. It slips. I also noticed that he has a prm intake and a unknown brand cat back exhaust (prbably custom).

Sigh.... And just yesterday, my bro backed my car from the garage to try to save a space so my damn neighbor with 5 civics in their family won't take the space. He backed up pretty fast and just snapped the driver's side mirror on the side of the garage. The mirror cracked and with the housing too. He agreed that he'll pay for damage and repaint the car. But in the end he decided he'd get me the LS V6 and he'll take the 4 cyl auto and fix it back up then put a kit and repaint it.. Well, at least i'm happy now that i'll get a faster and already modified mx6. now i don't know how to thank my bro. But hey, now i might appreciate the mx6 more

1 - 6 of 6 Posts