Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I'm looking to changeout my 95's stock radio/cassette for a CD player. Now, I hate those "Times Square" players that light up with animations, flashing lights, scrolling text etc. I'm shallow like that.

I need something subdued. Something austere. Something with a bit of class. Something matt-black with about one freakin' button right in the middle on it. OK, I exaggerate, but I've looked around the Aiwa WWW site and could just spontaneously freak out when driving at night with one of those in my dash.

Does anyone knows of something that comes close to this? Don't let me be driving at night, my contorted face lit from below with blue, red, green, purple and yellow flashes, and you coming in the other direction!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey I think I know of a deck that you may like. It is the Pioneer deh p430 it has some nice features but it is not overbaring espeially with colors and scrolling screen animations. the nice thing is that it is expandible. the price is generally around 250 bucks. happy hunting!!!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I have one word for you: Alpine! I'm in the same boat as you. I hate all the flash without substance. Alpine head units are usually simple yet functional and powerful.

·
Registered
446 Posts
High end Eclipse and Alpine head units (even their monitors) have a "black-out" feature so that you can turn off the display alltogether whenever you want. I'm sure other manufacturers have similar features.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Take a look at the models of Philips.
They are black, same colour of the dash, without any crazy display.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts