Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive found a gen 2 mx6 for my friend, now its 1991. yes its a gen 2, yes its 91 and yes it in Australia, J-spec.
Now if she buys it and goes with interstate insurer wouldn't she get lower rate, ie gen one rate???
doubt it will hapen this way, but what you think?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Did you say J-Spec?? ie/ With the KLZE motor? Yippee someone's gunna have some fun!

The insurers WILL ask the year but to accurately define the model they'll ask the engine capacity and if it's turbo or not (also the 2ws or 4ws question will come up). You'll pay gen 2 rates - which being non-turbo, should be significantly cheaper I would have thought.

Also, it's general wisdom not to mislead insurance companies - just in case you need them!!! If they turn up looking for a gen 1 and they get a gen 2 I'd say you'd have no insurance... They (especially AAMI) will always look for ways to reduce their exposure to paying out - but that's for another thread!!!

Good luck with the car.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well she can say that she has no clue about the car, i mean tell them evrything, and it will be their fault that they did not recognise it being a second gen........
Well the best thing about this one is that, it 4ws and the price..........wate for it...................wate for it...........
$14000 and it done 150K(not too bad for 91)

·
Registered
621 Posts
umm... you could try, but as the saying goes... "ignorance is no excuse". They WILL hold her accountable even if it's shared blame/responsibility.

Good price on a 2 gen!

They're starting to get down to the first/second car price bracket - that probably accounts for the much increased action on the 'net. When I first got mine (early 97) I seriously trolled the net for a while and there was nothing!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Listen to Ric on this one, Its not recommended to play dumb with insurance companies.

I ended up having $8000 car audio equipment and a totaly f##ked up car gone down the drain because I failed to notify my insurance company that I had lost my licence before....

I was told that you need to tell them about everything about your vehicle, and your previous driving history and even then they try to find a loop hole to get out of paying up if something goes wrong.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Are you sure the MX6 is not an import? If its a J-Spec its got to be an import, therefore its a 91. Most insurance companies will not insure imports.

I paid $13500 for my 94 MX6 a month ago. All it really need is a few pannels respayed beacuse of scratches, and has only done 75000km.

Insurance is a pain. I spent most of last year in a battle with NRMA becase of a car stereo, I ended winning the case.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, i hate screwing around with those bastards(insurance), it was just thought, bad one at that. but is it KL-ZE engine?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts