Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a muffler, but need to replace everything that comes after that. What pipes should I be looking for, I went to jcwhitney.com but wasn't sure what to get. Please help.

THank You

·
Registered
734 Posts
Phat6InVA said:
I have a muffler, but need to replace everything that comes after that. What pipes should I be looking for, I went to jcwhitney.com but wasn't sure what to get. Please help.

THank You
Well the stock piping size is 2 inches around. I don't know exactly how much pipe you need either. I do know that you need two 90 degree bends in order to get around the gas tank and that's pretty much it. If you're looking to upgrade then I suggest you go to 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 inch pipes to help with back pressure. After that you can go with either a test pipe if you don't have to worry about emissions, or get a high flow cat. After that just have everything bent and welded together and then strap it up.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I'm pretty sure you meant catalytic converter. Seeing how the Muffler is the last part on your system and everything after would be air.

What do you have? An LS or RS?

If you got the LS I suggest you get the Pacesetter cat-back, they make a decent system , just chop off the horrid muffler they include and use your own.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I meant everything that comes before the muffler. That does sound like a good Idea, I actually looked at that pacesetter on jcwhitney.com and price was pretty good too.

Since they reccommended the pacesetter and the Borla (much more expensive) after I provided my car's information, does that mean they are direct fits? Also is Borla a lot better than Pacesetter quality and performance wise?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts