Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Could someone with angel eye headlights please make a how to so I can place it in the projects section??? The information is scattered all around the forum, its better to have it directly. Since many people are having a hard time on how to hook them up nicely, it'll be easier for detailed instructions (with pictures of course) so all can see.:) Also include the GTS headlight covers. (optional)

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
271 Posts
thanx ruby im getting a set and want to look at the info before they come in.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i have the angel eye halos and they really do look awsome. The wiring is pretty straight foward and they are a fairly simple bolt-on procedure... The GTS clear covers for them do not fit very well, i purchased a pair and could not get them to fit right so they are sitting in my garage waiting to go back onto e-bay... But like i said the angel eyes bolt on pretty easily... hope that helps

·
Registered
115 Posts
The angel eyes should just plug directly into your stock plug and your ready to go (mine did).. just wire the small red and black wires (for the halo's) to the sidemarker wires or to your turnsignals.

The driver side light sticks out past the fender, and I have found out why: The reason they stick out past the fender is because the bulb socket for the turn signal is hitting the metal peice behind the light, simply take a hammer and tap it back some until the lights look like they will fit, hope this helps.

By the way, The big red wires (power) don't HAVE to be hooked to the battery I have found out, so I am thinking about to removing them, they take up space and look nasty just hanging there.

If they are needed can someone explain why?

Thanks, later.

·
Registered
125 Posts
How much you want for those GTS covers, pics?

·
Registered
47 Posts
ok, here is a stupid n00b question, how the hell do i take my factory headlights off? i see one bolt to take it off on one side, but cant figure out how to take the other side of the lamp off.....

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
To take off the stock headlights, you need to first remove the corner lamp. All it takes is taking out the one screw holding it in, and pulling the light out. You may have to take a screw driver or something to push it outwards a little first. After it's out of place, you will see two more bolts holding the headlights in place. I believe they were 10mm, but I can't remember.

The red wire for the headlights is necessary for the brights. Both sets of lights will not work unless it is hooked up to the positive terminal on the battery. The wires do look a bit messy, but if you take some time to route them, they can be hidden pretty well.

Only the two mounts on the top can be used on the angel eyes. The inside mount does not line up right, but when the hood is down, it holds the lights in place very well. One of the mounts on the lights will go under the radiator support. Use a 14mm to loosen the bolt. You will see where the other mount will go to. To aim the lights, I recommend using a wall for reference. Park about 5 feet away, and adjust the lights until they are even on the wall/garage door/whatever you use.

The clear covers do not fit directly right away. Soon, I'll try heating them up and bending them the way I need, and hope I can make it work. If it does, I'll post how I did it.

Painting the lights to match the car is pretty straight-forward. I used Krylon Fusion paint that's designed specifically to bond to plastics. I got it at the local hardware store, and picked the closest color to my car. I don't have the led's wired for the halos, but here are the pictures I took.

This is a picture with the clear covers just sitting over the lights.

Hope this helps Ruby

·
Registered
47 Posts
thnx, got them in, helped out alot.... now with the wiring... do i have to connect both the red wires for the passenger/driver side to the battery for the brights? and where do i put the red/black wires for the halos? i want them to come on when i turn my side markers on. when i turn on my brights do both lights come on?? thnx

·
Registered
47 Posts
wow... it looks GOOD! and BOY are they bright!!! :-D

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
thebig red wire is so that all 4 can be on at the same time (high beam) I will post pics asap !!! when i get home and it gets darker !

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
93htmx6 said:
thebig red wire is so that all 4 can be on at the same time (high beam) I will post pics asap !!! when i get home and it gets darker !
already beat ya to it. I took these the other night.

Thi is just the regular headlights, not brights.

This is a pic of the sides, not the best, but not any worse than the stock headlights, lol

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
93htmx6 said:
Let me know what you think !!!!

you need to aim them. :p

other than that, they look very nice

G

·
man from what car are that angel eyes ?? i want to buy one but for MX-6 93-97 dont come angel eyes !!! please tell me to buy ones it give some live to the car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts