Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yep. I need a new engine, and will probably have my mechanic do the timing belt and water pump while he's in there...maybe a new clutch. Erg.

I have a 94 V6 LS.

He told me I could get an engine with 75k miles on it for $1300. Should I go for it?

Or does anyone have a place I could look to get an engine either used or new for cheaper? I'm hurting here but I want to keep the 6...

Thanks for all the help so far, I'm scared...

~Jared

·
Registered
787 Posts
ebay usually has a few KLZEs for about $1100+freight.

Or contact Mike Hughes (hughes46) in the For Sale forum. He may be your best bet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you to all those who have helped me! And a special thanks to mhughes and rylinkus for going out of the way to answer my questions and help!

I ended up going with Noyan just because of the timing of this whole incident and I need to be able to drive it ASAP...otherwise I'll be paying the difference on a rental car.

But there's good news, the $1050 I'm paying is for a KLZE. I called today to ask which I'd be getting (KL03 or KLZE) and they said, "whichever you'd prefer." So that was that. Now I guess I just have to tell my mechanic that it takes a different intake...or... well, we'll see.

I'm excited for the new engine but hoping my mechanic will do all right.

Thanks again!

~Jared

·
Registered
43 Posts
hope you swap doing well

the pricing for Kl03 and Klze are quite diffrerent

Kl03 usually going for around 300-600, depends on mileage

Klze going for about 850-1200, you also need the Jspec ECU or re-program the ECU to fully optimize the performance, cost about an extra $300, and you need to get the EGR stuff working
to pass MD/DC smog

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Fuzzy,

I got the ECU and will likely install it in the next couple of days. Do I need to get a different MAF for my car? I've heard mixed opinions... And how much do those run?

Thanks in advance,

~Jared

1 - 6 of 6 Posts