Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 6 and it started to make a weird grinding whinning sound on the pass side sounds like it's comming from under the car I looked a the CV joints and they look okay I guess one of the boots is busted but I haven't throughly checked yet any help or suggestions would be great

Thank you:confused:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
How are your brakes? The pads may be worn to the point where the pins have popped out which can result in internittent or constant squeeling/grinding sound kind of like fingernails on a chalkboard.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Well if the boot is busted that needs to be fixed, but I would agree with 2Rusty that it might just be worn out brake pads. I live in Louisville so maybe I could pop down and take a look at it. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
change the timing belt lately??? if you didn't, i get it checked asap, my friend luke didn't change his, and all 24 valves were greatly damaged
Actually, this is one thing you can do, use a scan tool, if you don't have one, buy one, they are only a few hundred bucks, haha.
Sry i'm not much help, the story about my friend luke is true. he sold the 6 the way it was and bought a probe, then he sold the probe now owns a eclipse, but get this, his winter car is a automoatic sundance, haha, man, i have no clue what the hell i'm talking about, i guess i had a bit to many :drinkup: i guess i should stop writing and start :smokin:
Later

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
the v6 in the mx6 is a non interference engine, ie if your timing belt snaps the valves will not hit the cylinders.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey thanks guys I think that my breaks are sticking and I don't know why cause I replased them a few months ago

Oh yeah its cool that there is some one from l-ville on here I was thinking that there was no one from ky on here

G

·
ODIN said:
the v6 in the mx6 is a non interference engine, ie if your timing belt snaps the valves will not hit the cylinders.
The F2t, F2, and FE-DOHC in the first gen mx6's are non interference as well.

However, shady mechanics will jump on the oppertuninty to charge a clueless person for "Head repair" after a broken timing belt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts