Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
When I got the car the window regulator was broke and whoever looked at it didnt screw the door panel back on. So I had the dealer fix the regulator under warantee and for the last few weeks things were fine, then yesterday the door panel fell off. Now The guy at the dealership tells me this big white clip thing is bad on the door panel and that the only thing i could do is get a new one. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem, he said it is commen in the two door cars because they dont have screws. I think he's full of shit and im not buying a new door panel, does anyone know if i can fix this?
Thanks kev

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
is there a way to just replace the white clip? if there is go to a good ol' junkyard and get one. you can always try to put a couple more screws in the door panel. try to hide them under something. damn dealers i tell ya. good luck man.

SolarSlash

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
OrigoTA said:
When I got the car the window regulator was broke and whoever looked at it didnt screw the door panel back on. So I had the dealer fix the regulator under warantee and for the last few weeks things were fine, then yesterday the door panel fell off. Now The guy at the dealership tells me this big white clip thing is bad on the door panel and that the only thing i could do is get a new one. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem, he said it is commen in the two door cars because they dont have screws. I think he's full of shit and im not buying a new door panel, does anyone know if i can fix this?
Thanks kev
So you're saying that the doorpanel does not SNAP on to the door itself right? It just hangs from the top? What "white clip" are you talking about?

Anyways, when I first got the MX6, I upgraded my stock speakers. Stupidly enough I brought it to a shop where retards who don't know how to gently unfaster a door panel work. they looked for screws, found only 2 and then just wripped the panel off. By doing this, they broke/ stripped pretty much every fastener on the inside of the door panel. Welp, I went to mazda and for like 25 cents each or so, I got new ones, there were like 6 or 7 yellow and white fasteners. I put them in and snapped the panel closed. Hasn't come off yet...

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

yeah after i left my home i went to a body shop. Funny thing is i couldve fixed it myself with the experiance I have taking apart cars. It was just too hot out and after listening to the idiots at the dealer telling me a new door panel costs 600$ i flipped and didnt know what to do. There was a white piece that hangs off the back of the panel, i still dont know what its purpose was but I dont think it has anything to do with holding the door on. This by the way was the Mazda dealers top technician...I hope he was just being lazy today because if this is the people we have working on our cars we're in for a ride up shits creek.

I was relieved to have the guy fix it for me right away at the body shop. He did it free of charge, i offered to give him $20.00 for it but he refused. I ended up giving him $10.00. It doesnt matter to me though, i am just happy to have it working again and it sure beats spending $600 for a new panel...

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
awww JPzy... you shoulda made them do it...

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
just get some new clips and try them
they're like 2 bucks for about 5 of em. there are a couple screws that hold the panel on at the sides and there are a couple white clips near the bottom of the panel but they are not in plain sight, your gonna have to pull on the panel a bit while the screws are in.

the clips go straight into some holes in the door, (make sure you get the right size) and the flat top slides onto the back of the panel

good luck

[Edited by 93MX-6AFGHAN420 on 05-06-2001 at 06:58 PM]

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
theres more than a couple... and theyre like $0.70 a piece...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts