Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few of my dash lights quite working, and i was wondering if anyone could give me some info on how to change them. do you have to go from under the dash? or do you change them from behind the guages? also i need to get my timeing belt replaced and the shop told me it will be about 250-300$ is this a good price? one more thing, my door panels keep getting pulled off every time someone closes the door, does anyone know how to get them to stay on?
hope some one can give me some feed back.

thanks alot,
kyle

·
Registered
56 Posts
my door panels keep getting pulled off every time someone closes the door

I have this problemmm....if anyone has replaced the clips that hold the pannel on......... how much was it

lemongopher

·
Registered
193 Posts
a quick door panel fix

I just paid $360 for timing belt changed at dealer. They will probably ask to change the tensioner inside as well, don't recall how much that was, but I took my chance and said no (no money at time). I did change drive belts for another $40.

Door panels. I got same problem with my drivers side, here's how I fixed it.
The problem is the panel is broken inside the handle under the lil cloth pad. There is one screw that goes straight down through the panel and into the door. The panel breaks with wear and the screw slips out of the panel and voila, it's off.

To fix, I just cut a piece of metal the same size as the bottom of the handle hole. punched a hole with a very small nail where the screw fits, then put the screw back in through the metal piece, through what was left of the panel, and into the door. Then got some epoxy glue, or something that would stick to metal like double sided adhesive, and reinserted the small cloth piece. My panel hasn't come off since.

Things I'd do differently? I would have glued the metal piece to the bottom of the panel. The ends bend up when you put the screw in. Also, coins slip under the metal for same reason. I'll redo it someday.
Hope this helps some more folks.

HR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts